08:40 PM

Discussion in 'The 10 Ring' started by wabash, Jan 10, 2001.

1. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

At one end of the spectrum, you have the wedge-bot. At the other end, we have the stuff that nightmares are made of. I imagine a couple thousand of these being parachuted in somewhere.
    [​IMG]

2. VN350X10

VN350X10

While it is impressive, it exhibits a few very obvious potential flaws, and therefore, weaknesses.
    Like the At-At's used by the Empire, the leg structure is an obvious attack point, any exposed connection (joint) has a weakness. This thing needs armor......STAT!
    Ditto, the "feet".

3. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

That's the problem with copying the human anatomy. A short guy gets in a fight with a big guy, and that big guy better watch his knees. It takes something like forty pounds of pressure to take out a knee from the side.
    I think this one is a robot.
    [​IMG]

4. VN350X10

VN350X10

Would be much harder to take out than the "walker". Even taking out a track, it would still be formidable until it ran out of fuel. The logistics wouldn't favor waiting that long unless it could be put into a water hazard, or otherwise tipped to limit it's field of fire.

5. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I would think a track would be tougher to take out than a run flat tire. But, when in doubt, ask an engineer. :dancingbanana:

6. VN350X10

VN350X10

It is. Have to hit awfully hard, a directed charge is best. That's why land-mines work well against tanks. And with a track missing, best it can do without replacement is drive(pirouette) in a circle & dig itself into a protective hole, or turn to limit it's exposure to more fire. Making one's self into a smaller target is never a bad thing....

7. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I saw a guy in an immaculate 914-6 today. They guy was real into revving it out and trying to get it to sound like one of its cousins. Pretty typical for here. Likely a member of the more money than brains club who'd be lucky if he could find the dip stick.
    It looked like there was not a lot of room in that passenger compartment.

8. VN350X10

VN350X10

Good car, but limited to a 2.0 L 6 cyl. by Porsche brass who just couldn't have it be faster than a 911 ! One would be REAL interesting with a 3.6 Turbo in it.....Or just get it's newest cousin, AGAIN, limited in engine by the powers that be. :(

9. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

What is its newest cousin?

10. VN350X10

VN350X10

The Cayman coupe, the roofed version of the Boxster, is the newest & BEST road-going mid-engine STREET car that Porsche has ever produced. The "S" version, along with the avaliable brake upgrades make for a car so superior to the old 911"S" as to be insane.
    If one goes back & looks at the acceleration & road-holding of the original (1966) 911 it would be astounding to see how poor it compares to modern cars.
    Porsche has a heritage, but like modern Detroit Muscle, it's far, far improved with age !
    FWIW.....back when the 1st Honda Civic's came out, R&T tested it, and then had the guts to compare it to the 1964/65 Porsche 1600's. The Civic WASTED the Porsche in every category, including better fuel mileage ! And the Porsche's were the standard to which all small sports cars were compared.(Ferrari's, Jags & Vette's didn't count, too much motor)

11. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

So, for $57,000 you could have a car which is pretty awesome. How does it compare to the new mid engine Corvette (or the old front engine ones)?

12. VN350X10

VN350X10

The new Vette has just about made everybody else 2nd rate. I highly doubt that GM is going to make a single thin dime on any of the first 1000 or so that are sold, given the "UNDER 60 K" price tag (MSRP $59,995.00)
    With all the fanfare & hoopla, you KNOW that GM/Chevy isn't gonna screw this one up. Nope, no Cosworth Vega here.....

13. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

That's good to know.

14. VN350X10

VN350X10

I mean, there are Camero's & Mustangs with higher sticker prices. :alex:

The new 'Vette might well be the buy of the century ! :af:

15. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

This emoji always confuses me. But, in your case, since you are a gourmet eater, and the little emoji man appears happy, I'm betting it means you like.

16. VN350X10

VN350X10

Like the kid that buys an all-day sucker instead of a piece of candy........the satisfaction lasts a LOT longer !(remember Slo-Pokes ?)
    Got to admit, when I was a kid, my biggest sweet-tooth vice was Fudgesicles, and they were only 5 cents back then. I didn't even mind when they went up to a dime !

17. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

I used to love to freeze U-No bars. Then, somewhere along the line I became addicted to the overwhelming sugary delights of Milky Way, Three Musketeers and Butterfingers. OMG, I was a skinny kid and I would power down a couple of those and it would shoot me up one wall and back down the other.

Check this one out ..... Augustus. It may give you a little trip down memory lane.

https://www.listchallenges.com/candy-bars

Last edited: Sep 18, 2019
  18. VN350X10

VN350X10

25/80, more than my dentist would have liked...Some of the ones on the list sounded fantastic, but weren't avaliable in the Midwest. :(

skinny....never knew the meaning of the word. All of my blue jeans were sized "Husky" :homer:

19. MinervaDoe

MinervaDoe

Same with me. When I look at the list, I recognize less than half. But, the one's I recognize make me hungry. It's time for a feeding frenzy. :eat:

20. VN350X10

VN350X10

Didn't even see my favorite on there. They are called "Rollo", milk chocolate with a caramel center, round & tapered. I think they come 8 in a package. Like real convienient, bite size Milky Way actually.