Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 572 Posts

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Let's see, what do we have here? "8:40 pm"? Hmmm, sounds fairly inert.

10,000 posts? 405 pages? Should I be afraid?

Yikes! I might have taken a wrong turn back in Albuquerque! But it does look like folks are talking about spirits, so that could be good.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Thanks for the link to Friedman - one of my heroes. Nobody has done a better job explaining how economic freedom (a synonym for capitalism) increases the likelihood of prosperity. I am a CPA by trade, but my real interest is economics. I have read Friedman with great benefit. I like a lot of the things that have been created by free men in a free market society: the XTP, the Gold Dot, Double Tap, Glock, Starline Brass, the 1911 and so forth. Oh yah and beer. I've tried commie beer and it kind of sucks.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
That reminds me that I need to get the trouser store for some new pants. I managed to do the "IDPA crotch split" at last week's match. The split was of the full-frontal variety. One should not try to stuff five G20 mags in one's front pocket (long story as to why) and then crouch behind cover.

Glad I had some thermals on underneath cause the bits and pieces would have been a bit breezy.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Yep.

Haven't stopped by the 8:40 PM thread for a while. I'm glad to see the continuation of a lively chatter about beer and other libations. Very much Taterhead approved. Never considered the pairing of beer and time travel. Much to consider. Much to consider.

I was at Deschutes brewpub in Bend, Oregon one evening with my fine bride. I was enjoying a few glasses of something on nitro tap. I wanted to keep drinking those precious glasses of mothership nectar, but I was limited by the fact that I was getting smashed. Could time travel be leveraged in some way to enable a perpetual state of consumption, without walking on one's lips? Hmmm.

I'll ponder and return. Cheers.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I'm just confused. I've never seen a thread involving timelords, time travel, TARDIS, Mongolian grand mothers,Thomas Crapper, and Obama's face on a urinal cake. Among many, many other things.

I'll get used to it.

Carry on
You forgot booze! It is fun to pop by once in a while. But it is kind of like trying to jump on that little merry-go-round toy at the park. Once it is going it looks kind of fun, but it is spinning around in some type of ethyl powered contemplation; and you feel a tiny bit afraid to commit and jump on. Just beware of the dungeon.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
I stole a flux compressor in Mafia Wars:wow:... Using it to upgrade the next interstelar, interdimentional, time transending application with warp cababilities! That and a banana :dancingbanana:and you can go places!
...unless said Banana somehow becomes lodged in your tailpipe. Just ask Billy Rosewood. Cue Neutron Dance by the Pointer Sisters.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Weird.

Stopped by this forum again. It has been a while, having been out of the country on business for a bit. When I did not find the usual lively discussion about libations, dungeons, or time travel, I had to look twice to verify that I was actually on the 8:40 PM thread. I'm not used to seeing actual 10mm work happening here.

FWIW +1 on Starline brass. It is all I buy these days.

Carry on.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
You happened to catch the 8:40PM thread in unusual circumstances. We are ramping up on preparations for the approaching 10th anniversary blowouts within the 10-Ring resort facility. The drunken Penthouse types (pardon my redundancy) have reduced their inebriation (admittedly, to a minor extent) to assist in logistic preparations for this important event. The Dungeon types have, at times, reduced their embezzlement (again, admittedly to a minor extent) to open up administrative time slots for planning which would otherwise be taken up by too extensive counting sessions. The big one-zero is worthy of such effort.
I am humbled by the foresight, dedication, sacrifice, and (dare I say) work ethic.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Contributions to variable cost, fixed costs and sunk costs to be discussed at a later date if necessary.
Got my attention! I'm listening...

You have found a way to mix work with pleasure. The frown on me bringing my 10mm to my accounting job, but maybe we can bring accounting to the 10mm???

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
If this temporary arrangement is agreeable to the 10-Ringers, please indicate your approval by ordering your next round of drinks by using some sort of obscene gesture. Don't worry; we won't take offense.
I'll take a beer. I'm not very creative with the obscene gesture thing, but (no pin intended) does this full moon I am displaying constitute sufficient approval?

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
INPORTANT 10-RING FACILITY ADMINISTRATIVE ISSUE

Listen up, 10-Ringers! We have an intriguing pending issue.

Some Penthouse types have asked to participate in the current Dungeon walkout. They have an idea that "this is where the action is!" (or something comparable; the handwriting takes some effort to decipher.) This sounds good to us, but we now have a "qualification" issue.

We have set a prerequisite to Penthouse participation in our Dungeon job action: Penthouse applicants must fire a full box of 50 .45acp rounds at the underground range. Fair enough, you may say, but here's the catch: We have specified that the next .45acp round cannot be fired until the previous bullet has reached the target. Sort of our way of testing the Penthouse type's patience.
I am pleased to submit this point of order to the Dungeon Rules Committee:

Is it permissible to get a running start when sending rounds down range and thereby increasing the projectiles' velocities by an amount equivalent to my running speed? My calculations estimate an additional 50% average velocity if I wear my best running shoes.

The process would be a follows:

Walk ten paces back from during line.
Point firearm down range
Sprint fast as possible
Release round when at firing line.
Repeat.

Thank you for the rules clarification.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Can I sustitute the 45acp with the 9x25Dillon...I just finished loading up 550 of these little speed demons! Of course double hearing protection will help with the thunderous crack and blast wave...
You may be able to enlist the benefits of the 9mm ultra magnum shock wave in the effort to satisfy the aforementioned test while technically meeting the guidelines.

Note the following process.

Required equipment:
One firearm chambered in 45 auto
One firearm chambered in 9x25 Dillon
Fifty rounds for each.

Double hearing protection as mentioned above.

Step 1: send a 45 round.
Step 2: immediately following, send a dillon round
Step 3: observe as the shock wave overtakes the 45 bullet and accelerates it to supersonic velocities. The shock wave may cause said bullet to tumble, but experimentation with shock wave harmonics may clean things up somewhat.

Recommendations: one pistol in each hand, with the 9x25 in the strong hand for obvious reasons. Six mag changes will be required for the 45, and three for the 9x25 if a Glock is used. Logistics must be explored.

Whoops: turned to a new page. I did not realize that I had security clearance for such administrative processes. I will await to be contacted by the Dungeon discipline committee.

·
Registered
7,858 Posts
Taterhead, Heck with the 45 in hand, I could send one down range and then just shoot it with the 9x25 Dillon...this will bump it up to a flying donut as the Dillon blows a huge hole thru it!

Donuts anyone!
I considered that very thing. My hypotheses requires further exploration; but I believe that a collision event such as you describe may lead to what is known as a "singularity." The ramifications of which are unpredictable and potentially frightening.

Possibilities:

Exceeding light speed
The end of life as we know it
A renewable energy source
ABBA reunion tour
Dogs and cats living together
The Cubs win the World Series

Might be risky.

1 - 20 of 572 Posts