08/08 this year, almost killed

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by refugeepj, Nov 16, 2019.

1. Patchman

Patchman Florist

Prayers for your quick and full recovery.

refugeepj likes this.
  2. Hicksville Kid

Hicksville Kid

Well, there are some deep pockets there.

refugeepj likes this.

3. Neldon

Neldon Sir Arthur if you Puh-leeze!

Hate it for your wrong place-wrong time bad luck, but ever so glad for you and your family.
    More than anything else, all the best going forward!

refugeepj likes this.
  4. Mr981

Mr981

Just came across this post--my god, what an ordeal to go through.
    Glad to hear you are on the road to recovery and your passenger was not seriously injured.

The story really resonated with me, since I know 2 guys in their 60's that have been injured in similar fashion in the last few years--OP crashes red light or just blows through a stop sign---and have had near death experiences while riding their motorcycles.

No idea what is going on here, but the notion of distracted drivers and/or inattentive drivers causing the mayhem sounds about right.I was stuck at a long light with a motorcyclist in front of me at an intersection a few months back where the cross traffic was starting to block the intersection, when the light changed. The motorcyclist took his time and let the cross traffic clear out and was just starting to move, when a PU truck shot through the intersection right in front of him. He would have been crushed, given the truck speed and size.
    That episode gave me one more reason to look both ways proceeding through an intersection after the light changes.

Hope you have a full recovery, best of luck going forward.

Last edited: Nov 18, 2019
    refugeepj likes this.
  5. 308M1A

308M1A

After 7 years i sold my dyna low rider. Just before my 55th birthday. Decided to quit while my legs were still attached. As if the deer around here arent hazardous enough, nowadays we have texting drivers.

Had a cop tell me theyre worse than drunks. How so? He said a drunk, if he sees you will at least try and avoid you. Texters dont even know youre there.

6. legalsten

legalsten

Sorry to hear of your accident . Prayers sent . It is also a bad day for me but not as bad as yours. On 08/08/08 ( very hard to forget ) , I lost feeling in my left leg . Hang in there .

refugeepj likes this.