close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

05/06 CBR600RR vs. ZX-6R 636?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by Prosser, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Prosser

Prosser

I am just starting to compare these bikes after being in the cage for several years. Looking for opinions and links to any comparison articles.
    Bike would be a 1/2 week rider, mostly focused on recreation with no track time. I live in the Pacific NW, so I need a good handling bike.
    Thanks.

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

You're in luck. Go to the local magazines/book store right now and pick up a copy of SportRider. They're covering all the 600 supersports right now.

3. iceman32

iceman32

most people will never ride these bikes hard enough to tell which one is faster or can lean over the farthest so it really comes down to which is more comfortable to you and which you like better. know from what i have read and talked to friends who have ridden both the honda feels more civilised and a bit more forgiving (as far as supersportbikes go) and the kawasaki has a harder more pycho road racer feel to it. i guess its kind of like deciding wether ford or chevy is better. todays sportbikes are so close that the only real difference is which bike fits you best.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Since that I just bought these issues recently, let me give you a recap:

All of the supersport 600 from Japan and the new Triumph 675 turn in lap time of around 1 second with the largest spread between the slowest and the fastest of around 1.4 second per lap. Now, that's a fairly significant spread IF you're a hard core racer. If you're not then it's entirely moot.

The CBR; even with its "civilized" ergonomics and feels and all that jazz turned in one of the lowest times (it placed low midpack). The 636 turned in high midpack time (or was it the most time? I can't remember top of my head).

So it comes down to more of what you like than anything. None of these bikes are truly "better" than the other in any practical measurement for the bulk of the riders.

Nonetheless, if you're a hard core track rider hoping to wring out the utmost in a bike then the Yamaha R6 stands out the most.

You gotta ask yourself whether or not you buy a bike due to what the brochure says or you're buying a bike simply because you like it.

5. NMGlocker

NMGlocker BOOM headshot

I will say the extra 36cc does make a difference around town.
    The ZX6R has a larger spread of useable power than the straight 600cc bikes. Makes for a few less shifts around town and easier take offs.
    The Triumph 675 would probably be even better.
    The CBR also has a rock hard seat to go along with its "relaxed" ergonomics.

6. Gratiot

Gratiot

As has been stated already, just go by which attracts you the most in comfort, appearance, maybe even insurance. The actual differences are marginal.

Unless you're afraid of fire :shocked:

7. c5367

c5367 Esq.

For a street bike? Triumph 675. Lighter, more torque, and looks and sounds better at about the same price. They've trounced everything else in the comparos this year. Not to mention they aren't standard squid issue like the I4's

8. EvilBlack10mm

EvilBlack10mm 10mm worshipper

All the bike mags are praising the Triumph 675. I don't think you could go wrong with any of the modern 600's. Go with the one that fits YOU the best. The 675 would be great for the street. The extra 36 cc from the Kawasaki would be alright too. Ever think about the GSX-R 750? I couldn't be any happier with mine.