0210: Stuck Key 3C

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Tptoe, Apr 12, 2005.

1. Tptoe

Tptoe

Windows 98 is locked up at start up. I get this code. Any ideas on how it successfully boot up ??

Thanks

2. aspartz

aspartz

IIRC, the BIOS is complaining that one of your keys is stuck down. You should be able to lookup what key "3c" is.

ARS

3. blake711

blake711 Pro-Fesh-U-Nawl

do you have a spare keyboard to try out? If not flip over the keyboard and pat it on the back like a baby.. Beware of all the crap that may fall out of the keyboard if you have been feeding it..

4. Tptoe

Tptoe

Thanks for replies. I tried a working keyboard and still have the same problem.

I would appreciate any other suggestions as I only have basic "user skills"

Thanks again

5. grantglock

grantglock /dev/null

sounds pretty simple to me, you have a stuck key or a bad keyboard, they are cheap. Try putting it in the dishwasher, let it dry out good before you use it again.

6. blake711

blake711 Pro-Fesh-U-Nawl

Ok well can you give us any infomation on the PC itself? Brand? Model Number? the 210 is deffinatly a keyboard error..

First Are you POSITIVE its plugged into the correct port? This is considering its a PS2 connector small like the mouse connector. Is there an adapter inbetween the keyboard and the pc for an old style AT larger round connector? If so its possibly the connector is messed up. If there is no connector make sure the keyboard is in the correct port. If you are running 98 its not likley the ports are colored coded but if they are GREEN IS ALWAYS MOUSE.. Purple is normally keyboard sometimes red on Old HP pcs and others.. Check that stuff out and give us any info about the machine and the keyboard connector if possible.. Please..