close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

'02 Yamaha XT225 Will Be Mine Saturday

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by USMCsilver, Jul 27, 2006.

1. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

Found a dual-sport on eBay that didn't sell at the Buy It Now price of $2,500. I e-mailed the guy to see bottom dollar price and it's $2,000.

Bike has 948 miles on it and is in great condition. Second owner used it as a commuter and found a 650 Kawa for a good deal and jumped on it. Said he has 5 Harleys, an Indian, and a Buell, and doesn't need this one, too.

Anyway, I should be picking it up Saturday morning. It's about 2.5 hours away but that's no biggie. This bike will be the wife's primary learner until she's allowed back on her '06 883R Sportster. After dropping it on her first lesson, she's been banned from the bike. This one, well, it won't hurt it if it falls down and goes boom. And, a bonus for me -- I get to play on the dirt again! Been many years since I was on dirt on two wheels! Needless to say, I can't wait!

2. Revelations

Revelations Zombie Hunter

3. Rinspeed

Rinspeed JAFO

My friend has one and I've ridden it a couple times. Cool little bike, have fun and be safe.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

These little dirt bikes are nifty as hell. One of the chicks that I know doesn't ride on the street at all but she has an XT225 that she takes offroading all the time.

5. USMCsilver

USMCsilver Boat Life ©

It is, indeed, a fun little bike. My only complaint -- the clutch releases really, really late and when it is about to break, it is gone. There's no "easing" it out.

Also, the gears are quick in the lower end. First through third is a shift, shift, shift; yeah, about that fast. Also, top speed, yuck. I'm about 215lbs. and that little sucker didn't seem like it wanted to roll much above 60mph up a hill on the highway. Didn't wanna force it since it is new to me, but still...

Anyway, it works for what it was intended.

My wife rode it around the yard about 20 times in one session (circle right). Then about another 15 in the other direction (circle left). She managed to do it without dropping. Much more progress than her Harley. So, maybe tomorrow, we'll look into shifting gears.

6. bac1023

bac1023

7. PBCounty

PBCounty

I had one a while back...back when it was called the "Serow" though it was the same bike, no changes that I am aware of.

Always did it's job under heavy muck / water on daily use in South Florida.

I ended up trading it for it's brother / sister dual sport the TW200 which was a real blast off-road, and a real deadbeat on-road.

8. wolfy692005

wolfy692005 pro tinkerer

congrates.. bet you will love that baby