“Woke” white people, I’d like to ask you a favor:...

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by RussP, Jun 8, 2020.

1. RussP

RussP Super Moderator Staff Member Moderator

From a friend and fellow GTer's FB page...

Meet Brandon Tatum
    101836411_287548409086708_9053485662023450624_n.jpg
    Brandon Tatum is a former Tucson Police Officer and served as the Director of Urban Outreach at Turning Point USA. He is the Founder and CEO of The Officer Tatum, LLC.

His open letter :

“Woke” white people, I’d like to ask you a favor:

Please stop asking for forgiveness for your “white privilege.”

You’re not fooling anybody. You’re not helping black people—or any other minority. And your public confessions don’t make you look virtuous. They make you look disingenuous, which is a really nice way of saying fake, phony, and fraudulent.

For starters, what is “white privilege” anyway? Because you were born with white skin, you have all these advantages that I don’t have?

Like what?

Like, you can get a mortgage loan that I can’t get?

Hmm. I got a loan—at a great rate, by the way—and I got the house. Why would a banker not give a loan to someone who met the loan requirements? He doesn’t want to make money? I’ve never heard of such a banker.

Or, how about this: You can enter a store and not be looked upon with suspicion, but I—a black person—cannot. Except...that has never happened to me.

But if I was a young dude with my pants hanging down to my butt, I could understand why a store owner would be concerned. I used to be a cop. Believe me, I understand. If I owned the store, I’d be tracking that kid, too—whether he was black, white, or anything else.

Or, what if I had a store that had a history of being shoplifted by young black women, and a young black woman with a bad attitude walked in. Would I be suspicious? Yeah, I would. Who wouldn’t?

I call that common sense, not bigotry.

But there’s another way of looking at this: In many ways, in today’s America, blacks have more privilege than whites. It’s been my experience that whites bend over backwards to give blacks every possible advantage.

If two people are equally qualified for a job, the black person will usually get it. Big companies and prestigious universities fall all over one another trying to sign up talented black people.

If you deny this, you are denying reality.

Which is what the person who dreamed up this whole thing did—a professor of women’s studies at Wellesley College by the name of Peggy McIntosh. She wrote an article in 1988 about all the “white privilege” she thought she had. She listed 46, including this one: “I can choose…bandages in ‘flesh’ color and have them more or less match my skin.” Wow, that’s some kind of privilege!

Soon others took up the cause.

Today, these so-called progressives dominate our colleges and universities, imposing this absurd notion of white privilege on their students. That’s too bad. Because it does nothing good for white students. And it does nothing good for black students. But of the two, ironically, the white students get the better of the deal.

Let me explain:

To acknowledge your white privilege is supposed to make you feel bad. Only it doesn’t. It makes you feel good because by acknowledging your white privilege, you’re declaring yourself to be enlightened. And as a virtue-bonus, it also makes you a better person than those whites who don’t acknowledge their privilege.

White privilege, which is supposed to make you feel bad, ends up making you feel good. Meanwhile, the real damage is to blacks. What makes whites feel good makes blacks angry.

More than 50 years after the start of the Civil Rights movement, the message is: “You’re still oppressed.” How can this not create a victim mentality? And anyone—of any color—who sees himself as a victim gets angry.

Now, I wouldn’t deny for a second that there are privileges in life. They’re all over the place. There’s two-parent family privilege (that’s huge); there’s being lucky to be born in America privilege; there’s good gene privilege. But white privilege? Doesn’t it depend on the person?

Let’s take this, for example: A black lawyer and his wife have a baby. And a meth addict, single white woman has a baby. Which kid has privilege? The white one? Because he’s white?

Come on now.

And here’s the kicker: Even if it were true—all those claims about white privilege, so what? Would it change a single thing I did? If white people apologize for being white, is that supposed to help me? In what way?

So, let’s be real: White privilege is an attempt by the left to divide Americans by race.

It’s all theory and all nonsense. If you want to fall for it, go ahead—it’s a free country. But don’t try to sell it to me.

I’m an American who deals with my fellow Americans one-on-one.

Try it. It works.

I’m Brandon Tatum for Prager University
    ***** I will not engage in or tolerate ANY negative comments. I will delete any comments in opposition.... this is offering a new and different perspective from a BLACK MAN... you will not change anyone’s heart by posting defensive opinions ******.
    There are A lot of people who need to hear this !!​
    Who is Brandon Tatum

Brandon Tatum, who is a former Tucson Police Officer and current host of The Brandon Tatum show on KTAR 92.3, has become one of the most prolific speakers and exciting personalities on social media after making a Facebook Video that got over 70 million views. Tatum has a tremendous following of over one million people spread across various social media platforms. He has been featured on Fox Business, Fox & Friends, Headline News, One America News, Revolt TV to name a few. Tatum has been invited by The President of The United States, President Donald Trump to the White House on several occasions. ​

jconn465, G17Jake, bruscifer and 46 others like this.
  2. Rotn1

Rotn1

According to Joe Biden, Brandon Tatum is probably not black. .

bruscifer, G17Jake, happyguy and 35 others like this.

3. 9XX19mm

9XX19mm

Hmmm... never heard of that.

I do remember something called the "Whiteman's Burden":
    https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/white man's burden

That load seems heavier to tow now, more than ever.

Kipling even wrote a poem about it:

"Take up the White Man's burden—
    Send forth the best ye breed—
    Go bind your sons to exile
    To serve your captives' need;
    To wait in heavy harness
    On fluttered folk and wild—
    Your new-caught, sullen peoples,
    Half devil and half child.

Take up the White Man's burden—
    In patience to abide,
    To veil the threat of terror
    And check the show of pride;
    By open speech and simple,
    An hundred times made plain.
    To seek another's profit,
    And work another's gain.

The savage wars of peace—
    Fill full the mouth of Famine
    And bid the sickness cease;
    And when your goal is nearest
    The end for others sought,
    Watch Sloth and heathen Folly
    Bring all your hopes to nought.

No tawdry rule of kings,
    But toil of serf and sweeper—
    The tale of common things.
    The ports ye shall not enter,
    The roads ye shall not tread,
    Go make them with your living,
    And mark them with your dead!

And reap his old reward:
    The blame of those ye better,
    The hate of those ye guard—
    The cry of hosts ye humour
    (Ah, slowly!) toward the light:—
    "Why brought ye us from bondage,
    Our loved Egyptian night?"

Ye dare not stoop to less—
    Nor call too loud on Freedom
    To cloak your weariness;
    By all ye cry or whisper,
    By all ye leave or do,
    The silent, sullen peoples
    Shall weigh your Gods and you.

Have done with childish days—
    The lightly profferred laurel,
    The easy, ungrudged praise.
    Comes now, to search your manhood
    Through all the thankless years,
    Cold-edged with dear-bought wisdom,
    The judgment of your peers!"

Last edited: Jun 8, 2020
  4. collim1

collim1

That’s all very true. It reflects my experience as well.

I put in for a promotion at work recently. There were four positions open. I was told by the co-workers that were helping me study for the process that I was competing for only two spots.......because one was going to a black man and the other was going to a female.

That’s the reality we live in today.

5. Grabbrass

Grabbrass

When you start a thread asking for the attention of "woke" white people, the ones we have here just ignore it. They're busy sliding their filthy slime in other threads.

6. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

I think he represents most of the Black community. It's just those liberal white folk that are telling the liberal black folk that they're under privilged and its the whites fault.

7. Intolerant

Intolerant

NAILED it Brother!

slamdunc, Ramjet38 and 1bigK like this.
  8. newglocker10mm

newglocker10mm Texas Born & Bred

Should be a must read for some people but they would only ignore it because former officer and outstanding American Brandom Tatum ain't "woke" enough for them and suffers the chains of the white man. But I'll bet you they wouldn't say that to his face. I'll back him any day and twice on Sunday.

slamdunc and 1bigK like this.
  9. tool-time

tool-time

Schooled

Ramjet38 and 1bigK like this.
  10. mj9mm

mj9mm

a voice crying out in the wilderness...

G17Jake likes this.
  11. rj1939

rj1939

Where the movie "Poor White Trash" was filmed
    I'd just like to know why, if you are going to canonize somebody, why do we have to pick a highly defective candidate?
    Actually, I have a pretty good idea, it is a rhetorical question.

slym2none and 1bigK like this.
  12. Geeorge

Geeorge Sarcasm Inc.

13. MaxxAction

MaxxAction

No joke...

there are WHITE people who will tell you that this BLACK man doesn't know what he's talking about. As if, somehow your virtue signalling makes you more of a black person than actually being a black person does.

14. MCCM

MCCM

Woke white are annoying. They are just a step above Vegan's on a mission to inform the world that they are in fact, Vegan.

Intolerant, 1bigK, fx77 and 1 other person like this.
  15. 1bigK

1bigK

There are some white people who are incredibly stupid as well. Probably the same white people as mentioned above.

Sent from deep behind enemy lines in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MCCM likes this.
  16. bfg1971

bfg1971

How many people here have ever been ignored in a high end store? I have multiple times, and it was not because of my skin tone but because of my attire. I detest suits and ties, I dress for comfort. When I got my wife's engagement ring I was caught in a storm and looked like a drown rat. The owner didn't want to let me in, but he remembered me when we visited 15 years later.
    On new year's eve I went into a steinway piano store and the employee hide in the back until we left. I could have afforded to buy every piano in the store but since I was dressed for comfort she wouldn't even talk to me.
    That is my story of discrimination and it makes me question white privilege., because I'm white.
    You see anyone who doesn't fit a business's standards of a model customer will be viewed as suspicious.. some businesses look past appearances and gain long term customers others don't and lose a sale.

Just as you can not judge a book by its cover one can not judge a person by their skin. DR King was absolutely correct in that the character of a man's heart was the most important thing. I fear we have failed to live up to his dream.

MFC4 and 1bigK like this.
  17. SWFlGuy

SWFlGuy Lifetime NRA member

No problem. I won’t apologize for being white, nuff said

Border Bandit 32 and slym2none like this.
  18. cheygriz

cheygriz God Bless Trump

I don tink da dude unnerstan 'bout bein a po unner privilegded victim o' social oppression, and alla dem po hongry chillluns.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

9XX19mm likes this.
  19. slamdunc

slamdunc JAFO

He is proof that ‘the system’ works. Get the education, get the job, be motivated, make your moves, and succeed.

newglocker10mm likes this.
  20. 1bigK

1bigK

Candace Owens has posted a video explaining why she will not honor George Floyd as a saint, like most of the black community is. The outcry from everyone was swift and ugly, as you can well imagine. Brandon Tatum quickly posted a video stating that if anyone had a problem with Candace, then they had a problem with him. He didn’t have to jump into the middle of that fight, but he did, with both feet.

Sent from deep behind enemy lines in the liberal bastion of Denver, Co.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rj1939, slym2none and Intolerant like this.