“If it rattles, take it to battle”.....

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Bobcatbaseball35, Jun 8, 2020.

1. China boy

China boy

People used to laugh at me when I took my maracas to battle. Who's laughing now?

jr24 likes this.
  2. GlockFan7

GlockFan7

If this is true, my Taurus PT1911 must be a fighting beast. It rattles like a 50 year old farm truck on a washboard road. It's scarcely 2 years old and has maybe 1000 rounds through it. I rattled new, from day-one. None of my other 1911s, from $300 to $4000+ rattle even a little bit. Never, ever a failure. The reason military 1911s were fitted so loose was not so much for reliability, but compatibility. Reliability was already built into the design. They were made from an assortment of manufacturers and few of them were actually firearms manufacturers. An armorer could disassemble a bucket full of 1911s, mix, match and swap parts between them and not have to worry about something not fitting. If you can get one of the 1911s from the CMP, you may get a Colt frame and Ithaca slide, with a Union Switch & Signal barrel. Who knows where the rest of the internals came from? I second bac1023's assessment of the S/A Professional.

3. CanyonMan

CanyonMan In The Saddle

^^^^^^^ Tito's Glock said:
    'Waiting for the rattle expert......
    #CanyonMan'

Well dang amigo, for be it from me to disappoint ya! ;)

CM
    :horse:

!cid_001c01c9efb9$b3144c90$6564a8c0@Northwest2.jpg !cid_001e01c9efb9$b3144c90$6564a8c0@Northwest2.jpg !ATT5.jpg

4. Tito's Glock

Tito's Glock

We had a hostage/domestic situation a year ago where the male half had a revolver and walked out into the car port to confront the rollers, holding her in front of him with the gun to her head. Several units had responded and took position with M4 configured AR-15s with iron sights. The front sight posts obscured both the heads of S1 and the victim so they couldn't take the shot. A neighboring department arrived with 2MOA red dots and a guy immediately took the shot and put S1 down for good with a 45g frangible to the eye (PM me for more details)

Guess who ordered optics for all of their ARs?