‘How do you still exist?’ Musk unloads on CNN after claims his ventilators were never delivered

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by 4Rules, Apr 16, 2020.

1. 4Rules

4Rules

The continued existence of CNN is surprising, Elon Musk tweeted, after the network said the 1,000 ventilators that the Tesla CEO had promised to California never made it to hospitals. Musk posted evidence to the contrary. Musk was quick to return fire after the CNN publication, unleashing a barrage of tweets. He wondered how the news network could still exist and called on Governor Newsom to weigh in. Then he proceeded to post a number of email screenshots and public thanks extended to Tesla by hospitals that had received the devices from the company. "What I find most surprising is that CNN still exists", Musk posted on Twitter.
    https://www.rt.com/usa/485997-musk-ventilators-cnn-report/

larry_minn, Cambo, happyguy and 19 others like this.
  2. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

CNN is dangerous, its negative reporting 24-7 and creating a panic among their ignorant loyalists who do not seek information outside the mainstream news bubble

larry_minn, happyguy, robhic and 14 others like this.

3. Ramjet38

Ramjet38 Mentally Frozen

They have no shame. Evil doers doing evil's work.

4. professor kv

professor kv Hey! Who turned out the lights?

5. Tvov

Tvov

6. thewitt

thewitt

So Musk was hit by the Fake News machine, huh. How about that.

7. bdcochran

bdcochran

What you notice is that a Russian backed website has moments of factual validity when it believes it will hurt the United States. As always, whether it is CNN/RT/ Alex Jones, don't rely upon one source for the "facts".

Tvov, happyguy and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  8. hooligan74

hooligan74

From your link:

...On Wednesday, Brian Ferguson, the Deputy Director for Crisis Communication at Newsom’s Office of Emergency Services told CNN that it was speaking to hospitals in the state every day and to date had “not heard of any hospital system that has received a ventilator directly from Tesla or Musk.”...

Unless Mr. Ferguson comes back and says "I never said that." I don't see how this is the fault of the news outlet.

I would be completely unsurprised if the government official was just behind the curve on his information.

happyguy and SevenSixtyTwo like this.
  9. rock_castle

rock_castle Life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness

CNN should know better than to report something with no verification. Basing a news story on the word of one person working in the governor's office without verifying it is just lazy shoddy reporting. High school journalism students even know better than that. Then CNN wonders why nobody considers them a legitimate news source anymore.

larry_minn, Tvov, happyguy and 4 others like this.
  10. hooligan74

hooligan74

Would it be SOP to get a 2nd source when the 1st source is the Deputy Director of Communications for a state agency? I'm not a journalist, so I don't know. Seems unnecessary to me, though.

happyguy likes this.
  11. rock_castle

Definitely would. If you can't verify just about everything you want to report then you don't report it....if you are a legitimate news source anyway. Ask Dan Rather about this. Cost him his career.

12. jcm3

jcm3 G22 4 Me

It used to be that the news did much better fact checking to get their stories straight. There were mistakes, but not nearly as often was there deceitful reporting. When they made a mistake, they tended to talk about it and usually apologize.

Now there's so much competition to get the story out first that any verification is usually done later, and often isn't done because the story needs to get out if it fits the narrative, regardless if it is true or not. If it isn't true, or is even a lie purposefully, no apology is made because it's overwhelmed by new stories out every day.

Sad, as many people learn about life and believe what they hear on the news without doing any fact checking on their own.

13. hooligan74

hooligan74

Given that the quote came from a guy whose entire job is to communicate what's going on in the agency, that seems excessive, as I said.

Good thing I'm not a journalist, I guess.

happyguy likes this.
  14. rock_castle

This is a perfect textbook example of why they should verify. They took one guy's false statement and ran with it. This is exactly why they have no credibility. They should have asked the Musk organization for comment and if Musk said it's a lie then they should have looked into it further. This story shows exactly what is wrong with our nations news media.

I took journalism in high school back in the late seventies and they taught us to always verify our sources and information. Like I said, even high school journalism students know better.

Today's journalists are lazy. They get most of their information off of Twitter and Facebook and they rarely bother to verify anything. It's sad and pathetic.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
  15. B C

B C

16. seagravedriver

seagravedriver

I think the problem is that Musk bought "noninvasive positive pressure ventilation/continuous positive airway pressure (NPPV/CPAP), bilevel positive airway pressure (BIPAP) systems". This system was said by doctors to have a negative outcome for the COVID 19 patients, verses a "invasive ventilator". Which is also probably at LEAST 10x the cost. If you have a Coronary Heart Failure patient, (CHF), a CPAP machine is used, where diuretics and meds were used a few years ago, the standard of care is CPAP, heck, we used to often intubate CHF patients! A ventilator is different, as those are used on a patient who has been intubated, meaning a breathing tube down the the trachea into their lungs. A CPAP or BIPAP has a mask over their face. I have nothing against Musk, and I can't stand CNN, just over 30 years in the field in pre hospital EMS. But if CNN got this right, I will stand by my theory of Even a Stopped Clock is right twice a day. If I am wrong, my apologies.

17. Out West

Out West Just lack finishing up

Scapegoating China? What an idiot! Of course China created this pandemic. Costa is a muckraker without a friggin brain.

happyguy, Deltic, B C and 1 other person like this.
  18. rock_castle

Here's the quote:
    ...On Wednesday, Brian Ferguson, the Deputy Director for Crisis Communication at Newsom’s Office of Emergency Services told CNN that it was speaking to hospitals in the state every day and to date had “not heard of any hospital system that has received a ventilator directly from Tesla or Musk.”...

The statement is false and Musk proved that. Newsom's butt boy lied or made it up and then CNN ran with it as if it were true and without verifying it. Perhaps he had only spoken to two hospitals and they weren't supposed to get Musk's ventilators? If that's the case then say you don't know instead of giving the impression that it didn't happen. It's a fail for the Governor's office and a fail for CNN.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2020
    happyguy likes this.
  19. 4Rules

4Rules

Who does own CNN, anyway?

Musk could buy it.

happyguy likes this.
  20. rock_castle

Couldn't be any worse than they are now.

happyguy, flyover and B C like this.