Glock Forum - GlockTalk banner
1 - 20 of 109 Posts

·
Semper Paratus
29,543 Posts
The video does speak for itself watch closely he pushed right on her clavicle he never put his hand around her throat. It also appeared she was grabbing him around the waist to pull him away while he was trying to put the suspect in the car I would like to see the total video

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
The video does speak for itself watch closely he pushed right on her clavicle he never put his hand around her throat. It also appeared she was grabbing him around the waist to pull him away while he was trying to put the suspect in the car I would like to see the total video

Suspect was already in the car. He had OC in his hand and the suspect either pushed away or was dragged by the officer on the other side.

His hand hits the mic on the left shoulder and his hand is open in a throat grip that encompasses both sides of her throat. It is brief but he does it. You can even see her bringing her hands up in defense. You put your hands on me anywhere near my throat we are going to have problems.

He may not have intended to, but he's toast. And he should be.

·
Semper Paratus
29,543 Posts
Suspect was already in the car. He had OC in his hand and the suspect either pushed away or was dragged by the officer on the other side.

His hand hits the mic on the left shoulder and his hand is open in a throat grip that encompasses both sides of her throat. It is brief but he does it. You can even see her bringing her hands up in defense. You put your hands on me anywhere near my throat we are going to have problems.

Or his hand is open in a pushing grip without watching the whole video you have nothing

·
Premium Member
1,825 Posts

Yup
Officer Inky McRoidrage has a tiny ego problem
Various sources are saying he stuck his head in the car and was antagonizing the subject already in custody, pulled his OC and started threatening him. The female officer then supposedly told him to back off then pulled the officer away. You can actually see Officer Inky McRoidrage's face get about five shades deeper red after he turns and sees who pulled him away.

If that is how it happened (video seems to support it) he needs to be off the street.

It's one thing to lose it in the heat of the moment, but dude was already cuffed and in the back of the car. She might just have saved the taxpayer a bunch of money from a civil rights lawsuit/settlement.

·
Registered
4,650 Posts
Or his hand is open in a pushing grip without watching the whole video you have nothing

You push me in the throat area, I would literally do everything in my power to get you fired. It is completely uncalled for for any officer, let alone a supervisor.

Yes the full video will be more enlightening because you will be able to hear exactly what is said.

·
Registered
4,022 Posts
He's a punk.
He needs to be off the force.

How to go from Police Sergeant to Mall Cop in one easy step.

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Doesn’t mean he was gonna spray him. Technique to get him to chill the **** out.

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
Duty to intervene is a big issue here, as I suspect it is in Florida. From the limited video, I suspect she intervened as taught and the sergeant, already agitated, reacts.

In our agency, both failing to de-escalate and the physical actions would rate high in the discipline matrix. If sustained, it would result in immediate termination with us. There's a lot missing, such as did the officer or anyone else file a complaint in November? Did the Sergeant self report their action? What is said by the Sergeant captured on BWC? Is there past history with the sergeant in similar actions?

·
Massive Member
26,372 Posts
We just did a training block on duty to intervene last month or two.

Not sure I like the spin here, he had his hand around her throat like Panteleo choked Garner.

Momentary incidental contact that passes for choking in a still frame but a second later throat is clear, hand is elsewhere.

That said he WAS wrong to put his hands on her. But no need to juice it up with BS.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Registered
484 Posts

Forehead Nose Eyebrow Facial expression Mouth

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
Bro, HE WASNT EVEN SECURE IN THE CAR YET!!!!!

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
7,012 Posts
I’m glad the female from where vantage point can fix everything. Maybe she should’ve hopped in from the other side and belted him in.

Reactions: Caver 60

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
I disagree with most of you..

The little mini-officer was completely out of line, grabbing another officer’s duty gear…

You just don’t do that…and she’s lucky she didn’t catch an elbow to the face..

Also, obviously the three officers on scene couldn’t handle the situation and get the dirtbag to comply and get in the car..

It is interesting to note that the punk gave up the fight almost immediately, without the pepper spray being sprayed, when he saw that an officer that means business, was about to MAKE him get in the car instead of asking him pretty-please (the new way of policing)

Unlike the woke police chief who said “he escalated the situation”..the exact opposite happened in my opinion.

He “handled” the situation as the arrestee stopped resisting getting in the car almost by his mere presence as the dirtbag knew this cop wasn’t playing around..

Many years ago in the academy, we were taught the ATM principle..

Ask
Tell
Make

You ask him to get in the car nicely..

If that doesn’t work, you tell him forcefully to “get in the car now”

If that doesn’t work, you make him get in the car

The new kindler-gentler model of policing only allows officers to ask pretty-please, I guess..

·
Registered
1,714 Posts
We just did a training block on duty to intervene last month or two.

Not sure I like the spin here, he had his hand around her throat like Panteleo choked Garner.

Momentary incidental contact that passes for choking in a still frame but a second later throat is clear, hand is elsewhere.

That said he WAS wrong to put his hands on her. But no need to juice it up with BS.

Randy

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
She was wrong to grab him and yank him by his belt. At first, he likely didn’t know who was pulling on his duty gear.. I wouldn’t have either and she’d have caught an elbow to the face..

·
Registered
11,440 Posts
We're all basing our thoughts and opinions on a news article with a limited snippet of BWC video and interview of a chief who wants to get in front of the situation. A lot more to unpack when more comes out (likely through a PDR or inevitable lawsuit).

1 - 20 of 109 Posts