close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Zombie Max Followup

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by WoodenPlank, Dec 3, 2011.

1. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Mas,
    After the recent question about Zombie max ammo, something I remembered seeing on the Hornady website popped to mind...

Link

I believe there is something similar on the actual packaging of the ammo.

Am I wrong in thinking that this disclaimer could prove to be VERY damaging in court if this particular ammo was using in a SD shoot?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob
    Expand Collapse
    KoolAidAntidote

One way of looking at it is, opposing counsel's job is to make you look bad. His audience will be a group of people he has expressly picked in voir dire, the jury selection process, for their lack of knowledge of firearms. Making you look reckless and convincing the jury you have a disregard for human life will help him win a manslaughter verdict or a wrongful death lawsuit. Anything you have done to make it look as if you are frivolous, careless, or crazy with guns helps his cause and hurts yours.

Hornady seems to have been quite specific in their advertising that this is not for self defense. It's a novelty product, a conversation piece for shooters. We should listen to the manufacturer on this, IMHO.

best,
    Mas

3. WoodenPlank

WoodenPlank
    Expand Collapse
    Who?

Thanks for the reply, Mas. Your thoughts echo mine, you just put it far more eloquently than I can.