Zombie Apocalypse Sidearms?

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by Amplified, May 3, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

What would your sidearm of choice be in an zombie apocalypse? :supergrin:

Here's mine, the superb P30!:whistling:
    [​IMG]

:tongueout:

[​IMG]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5_qlhjsusQ"]Zombie Wars: Headshot! - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=88e3vpFmebw"]Dead Reckoning - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5TnPjOd_To"]Metallica - Wherever I May Roam - YouTube[/ame] :wavey:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Amplified, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 9, 2012
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    Four Scouts Guide to the Zombie Apocalypse Clips Released The Okie Corral Jul 9, 2015
    The Zombie Apocalypse The Okie Corral Mar 25, 2015
    Could a Zombie Apocalypse even happen in the USA? The Okie Corral Jan 28, 2015
    Zombie Apocalypse – Bugging Out (Level 1) June 30th, 2013 T&T Commercial Postings May 10, 2013
    Zombie Apocalypse – Bugging In (Level 1) June 29th, 2013 T&T Commercial Postings May 10, 2013

3. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

I guess I posted this thread at too odd an hour lol! Sorry, I've been up drinking late, have the day off today.

4. Suppressed ruger mkiii.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

5. M&P15T

M&P15T Beard One

Hey, a zombie thread!!

Never seen one before, what do we discuss in these?

6. Ibtl!!!!

7. Haldor

Haldor Retired EE

Suppressed 22 LR. Most likely my Ruger Mark-II (if I ever get off my butt and get the barrel threaded).

I will undoubtedly pick up a Ruger SR22-T when they come out (threaded barrel). That would then become the preferred Zomapocalypse side arm in my book.

8. FN 5.7 20 round mags, hi velocity, low recoil. I have my doubts about suppressors. They do cut down on "pop" but not like a whisper in the movies. And they will add bulk / cumbersome to carry.

9. A PMR-30..... Plenty of power, good accuracy, light weight with lots of capacity! Extra rounds small and inexpensive LOTS can be carried.

Thats, IF I ever get one! LOL ;)

CW

10. Glock 30 with g21 mags :tongueout:. anybody know where i can get incinderary 45acp ammo?:burn:

11. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I love newbie for ignoring the rules on No fun Zombie threads.

Well I'll take it for what its worth.

While the suppressed .22 has merit, I really wonder if its enough to destory a zombie's brain

I rather go with a G19, 33 round mags, and an Avantage arms .22 conversion , if a .22 can do the job.

Ohh and...
    [​IMG]

#12 Bilbo Bagins, May 3, 2012
    Last edited: May 3, 2012
  12. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    G22 with 40-9mm barrel and 33rd mags.

:cool:

#13 Glockdude1, May 3, 2012
  13. Ruger 10/22 takedown.
    Pistol's.
    NOT the Zombie gun I saw on American gunners (whatever the show is called)last night which was an 1892 lever action rechambered for .500 smith with a skull muzzle break on the bbl. Cost the dude 6,000$!:rofl:

#14 Rustin, May 3, 2012
  14. Eric doesn't hate all zombie threads. He even started one not too long ago.

I'd go the suppressed .22 route. I have very little doubt a .22 will destroy a human brain.
    [​IMG]

If other humans are a threat I'd take my 17L with 17, 23, and 33rd mags.
    [​IMG]

15. jwhite75

jwhite75 Gubmint Worker

For me probably a Glock 21 with multiple 30 round Arredondo mag extensions.

A suppressed hand 22 carbine like a Browning Buckmark carbine would be nice too light and super accurate.

16. TN.Frank

TN.Frank Glock4Life

I'm pretty sure it was an '86 Winchester 45/70 action. Don't think the '92 could stand up to the 500 Mag.
    Now, back on topic, I personally think a good, semi-auto 22lr rifle or 22 Mag handgun would have more then enough "zip" to destroy the Zombie's brains since only head shots count when it comes to putting down a Z. JMHO, YMMV.

17. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

I like the idea of suppressed .22's as well. The low noise tactic would be a very good idea when trying to stay below the zom's radar.

#18 Amplified, May 3, 2012
  18. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Good choices.

19. Amplified

Amplified Senior Member

Nice!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.