close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Zimmerman's Bail Hearing

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by m51, Apr 20, 2012.

1. m51

m51

Jan 26, 2006
    So far Zimmerman's attorney is taking the prosecution team to school. He is making their case look mighty weak. Back to the hearing,,,,,,

2. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

$150k bail with GPS and electronic monitoring.

Also if what I heard is what the prosecution is going with, doubtful the defense will even need to present a case.

3. Deployment Solu

Deployment Solu Kydex Crafter

Jul 18, 2007
    Arkansas
    They'll need to present a case or it will be rioting and looting. Free Air Jordans an 55" TVs for all who are willing to take them!!!!!.

4. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Very reasonable, and the judge looks to be fair and deciding on law instead of emotion.
    Exactly. It will all boil down to who the jurors are and how afraid the court is of the rioting, looting and burning if he goes free.

5. And no firearms too (which isn't surprising).

6. m51

m51

Jan 26, 2006
    Exactly, the jurors are key. It was refreshing to see a judge that could see through the media's smoke screen. However, lets never forget the OJ trial.

7. Just1More

Just1More

Mar 18, 2009
    The lead investigator blew the case today. The basis of the 2nd degree murder charge was that Zimmerman started the fight. Under oath today, the investigator said he had no evidence that Zimmerman started the fight...or that Zimmerman didn't turn and go back to his car.

8. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    Makes one wonder why Zimmerman has been jailed and on trial.:dunno:

Doc44

9. DonGlock26

DonGlock26

Jan 18, 2001
    There is no probable cause to go to trial with. This should be thrown out of court at the preliminary exam stage.

-

10. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Jan 8, 2004
    There has never been anything presented by the State that would justify a second degree murder charge. Case should have been thrown out. I assume possibly they could have made a manslaughter charge with sufficient probable cause to proceed, but that isn't what they charged.

11. My amazement at the inadequacy of the PC affidavit has shifted to disbelief following today's testimony of the lead investigator at the bond hearing. My initial impression that the PC was a collaboration between Walt Disney and Gumby appears to have been confirmed.

12. Just_plinking

Just_plinking

Jan 24, 2012
    It's funny to me how much browner the guy looked in the court room than in the media photos. This should never have been about race.

13. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    A supplementary view on your statement: There is no probable cause to go to trial with THE MURDER TWO CHARGE. A manslaughter verdict may be possible if the prosecution can get its act in shape.

I believe the Murder Two charge was thrown into the mix in the prosecution hope to get a Voluntary Manslaughter verdict as a compromise verdict from a segmented jury.

14. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    I noticed that too.

15. Snowman92D

Snowman92D

Oct 6, 2001
    Indianapolis
    The MSM's template in this affair is ALL about race and cultivating white guilt. Obama's upcoming election must be a referendum on racism in America, in some way or another. Clearly, Obama can't run on his record, and his pals in the MSM are working hard to shift the focus to something more favorable for him. If white people hadn't passed pro-gun and SYG laws, then wilding Hispanics like Zim wouldn't have been able to stalk and murder innocent black children with evil guns. :upeyes:

Last edited: Apr 20, 2012
  16. Goaltender66

Goaltender66 NRA GoldenEagle

Then that's unethical at the very least, and criminal at the worst. The prosecution is supposed to charge what they can prove, not overcharge and bully the defendant into a plea or manipulate the jury into a lesser conviction.

That the prosecutor didn't go with Manslaughter tells me they couldn't even prove that, and between their performance today and the surfacing of Zimmerman's photo, there's a lot to support the opinion that this is all politically motivated.

17. samurairabbi

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Isn't that a fundamental aspect of reality?; the 93% of prosecuting attorneys that react to political overtones of their cases will give them ALL a bad reputation!

I am exaggerating, of course ... or am I?

18. Wake_jumper

Wake_jumper

May 3, 2007
    Kansas
    He's going to need a 24/7 armed guard too.

19. samurairabbi

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    If he can get the judge's approval to at least leave the county (and maybe even the state), he should be okay; sympathetic people with money will probably be interested in his case, now that it is so prominent. It will be interesting to see if those who want to harm him can find a path to hacking into his GPS monitering setup.

20. czsmithGT

czsmithGT

Jan 8, 2004
    Unethical, criminal and stupid. The prosecutorial trifecta, all likely driven by trying to placate the mob.