close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

ZIMMERMAN TRIAL Discussion:

Discussion in 'The Okie Corral' started by wingryder, Jun 25, 2013.

1. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    Opening statement are boring and almost pointless. Lawyers like to talk. Even simple cases like theft or battery take days. One day is spent on jury selection. A half a day is spent on opening statements. Then at least a day and a half on witnesses. Then another half of a day for closing statements. That is the better part of a week just to get it to the jury.

It is nothing like TV.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

2. DustyJacket

DustyJacket Directiv 10-289

Oct 16, 2008
    Missouri, East of KC
    you should read Helter Skelter......

3. el_jewapo

el_jewapo

Feb 1, 2005
    I've been expecting to settle into a long trial like Jodi Arias. You think this one will be done in a week or two?

4. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    I wanted a thread to discuss aspects of the trail, not about whether or not there will be riots, etc...

5. Quigley

Quigley Elite Member

Mar 17, 2010
    Virginia
    I feel bad for poor selected jury members. Their entire life is being placed on hold for quite some time to come.

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

6. And that thread is a running commentary on the trial. It may not have started that way, but that's the way it's gone. Just saying, reading threads helps avoid repetition.

7. CAcop

CAcop

Jul 21, 2002
    California
    There are a lot of earwitnesses I think they could drop out. They may argue the audio but dueling experts is such a gamble. Zimmerman is going to be the heart of the case. I suspect he will take at least a few days. I think this one might be done in a few weeks. Of course the jury could spend weeks deliberating it.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Ohub Campfire mobile app

8. wingryder

wingryder

Oct 9, 2012
    28.420, -81.171
    I missed the past couple of hours of the trial... had to take the in-laws shopping...

But now watching Mark Omara questioning state witness Bahadoor... She has apparently changed her testimony since her previous statements and may be considered for being impeached as a witness (according to local news WESH). Her credibility is plummeting...

9. Highspeedlane

Highspeedlane NRA Life Member

Jan 25, 2008
    New England
    They absolutely do. They despise the notion of stand-your-ground, of guns and their use for self-defense in general, and the racist controversy they created out of thin air doesn't hurt ratings either.

Never heard of a "white Hispanic" before this event either.

10. Presuming what the issue was in the other thread, how about no one post stupid, jack-ass photos in this one so there can continue to be a discussion about this very-important-to-gun-owners trial, whaddya say?

11. frank4570

frank4570

Jun 25, 2004
    I'm just glad we have another thread on this. This is where I get most of my info.

I looked in on D.U. to see how they are handling this. It was a very nasty, hate filled experience.

12. IndyGunFreak

IndyGunFreak

Jan 26, 2001
    Indiana
    Agreed!

That was a purely foolish post/pic and I knew it was getting locked as soon as I saw it.

This is a good discussion to have, and hopefully mods can use a little more discretion than normal and delete idiotic posts rather than locking the thread.

13. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    That woman is 19?
    She looks like she is 30.

14. This girl/woman seems belligerent to the prosecution, annoyed at being asked questions at all. The cross is going to be a riot with this one!

15. eb07

eb07 Sharkin'

Feb 19, 2010
    Third Rock From the Sun
    My thoughts on the "star prosecution witness" .... After all she has posted on twitter and facebook, I just do not see how the prosecutions star witness isn't going to get her credibility shattered by the defense. Unless the defense are complete incompetents. However with the opening statement as an example, anything is possible.

My other observation is that they are allowing Zimmerman's past 911 calls to be allowed to show his motive and intent to attack but they will not allow Martin's past violence and posts about violence to be introduced to show his intent to attack.

Seems like they are doing everything they can to stack the deck for a weak prosecution.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2013
  16. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    uh oh.... she just said that his response was that zimmerman looked like a "creepy ass cracker"

17. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Holy crap you are right. The cross is going to be great.

18. countrygun

countrygun

Mar 9, 2012
    If you want to get a glimpse of why we have problems in this Country go to the clickorlando link and read some of the real time comments in the chat.

No matter how you feel about the case, if you have any grasp of the facts and the charges, it is scary to think that those folks might be on the jury if you were on trial.

Wow, some of them are oblivious to the real world and the law to boot. At one point, yesterday, someone said "It was illegal for GZ to follow TM". Gee, call the DA he must have forgotten about that law.

19. Altaris

Altaris

Feb 16, 2004
    Round Rock, TX
    Jeez.....Speak clear English so we can understand you and don't have to ask you to repeat yourself over and over and over.
    This witness is terrible.

20. The court (namely, the judge and reporter) keep blaming the microphone for comprehension trouble. Perhaps it's the fact that the woman is talking like she's half asleep, doesn't want to be there, and has a mouth full of marbles? They need to tell her to enunciate her answers - she's in a damn court of law, just just jaw-jacking with some buddies.