close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Zimmerman fired 1 shot

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by grmnracing, Apr 13, 2012.

1. grmnracing

grmnracing

Oct 10, 2010
    CT
    Does anyone find it interesting Zimmerman only fired one shot? I would have thought more shots would have been fired. I guess Zimmerman controlled himself.

Ps I don't want to hear about his gun not shooting off another shot because it was a Kel-Tec!

Sent from my iPhone

Last edited: Apr 13, 2012

2. samurairabbi

samurairabbi Dungeon Schmuck

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    NOT a Kel-Tech one-liner:

If Martin was on top of Zimmerman, in close physical contact, then after the first shot, the slide MAY have been encumbered by body parts and been unable to fully cycle a 2nd round into the chamber. If this situation DID occur, it might have been masked by an officer clearing the gun to make it safe; perhaps not an action done by the book, but things happen in a shooting aftermath.

Curiously, only one shot fired may HELP Zimmerman's legal situation, even if it was a malfunction.

3. mikeflys1

mikeflys1 Pastafarian

Jun 19, 2007
    CT
    Was the AAR of his weapon/ammo choice already conducted, or is it too soon? :whistling:

4. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    and where was that one bullet found? Did it lodge in the body? Did is pass through? If it passed through and Z had been on top as some witnesses said the bullet would be found in the ground. If it was a pass through and no bullet in the ground T must have been on top as some witnesses have said.

Doc44

5. grmnracing

grmnracing

Oct 10, 2010
    CT
    This is one part of the story that I've never seen discussed on GT yet. Or anywhere.

Sent from my iPhone

6. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    I was very surprised about that also...
    Surprised it got off ONE shot because it was a Kel-Tec! :tongueout::rofl:

P-11, PF9 owner, so I can make fun of them... They're both pretty reliable now... took a little fluff and buff, went through a few ejectors/ejector mods to get there..

Randy

7. DOC44

DOC44

Jan 10, 2004
    in my recliner
    The original report was that one shot was fired and the gun was jammed with the empty brass still in the gun.

Doc44

8. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Makes sense, that's how they knew it was a Kel-Tec...

Probably had one of the original ejectors... :tongueout:

Randy

9. stevelyn

stevelyn NRA Life Member

That would indicate that something was preventing the slide from cycling such as someone trying to wrest control of it.

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I'm guessing with the little trayvon on top of him he was fairly certain that he didn't miss.

11. samurairabbi

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    Interesting! This should add some fuel to the inevitable "condition 1 versus condition 3" thread resurrections.

12. fx77

fx77 CLM

Nov 23, 2008
    Key forensics about which we currently know nothing
    Angle of Trajectory
    Powder burns on shooter and vic
    Blood back spatter pattern on Zimmerman????

13. samurairabbi

Dec 31, 1998
    Indianapolis, IN
    ... and we won't know until trial; the judge has clamped down on releasing anything!

14. Guss

Guss

Jul 1, 2010
    Tampa
    The prosecutor has the autopsy report, but doesn't seem to want to release it.

15. G29Reload

G29Reload Tread Lightly

Sep 28, 2009
    I can only guess, but if 6'3" skittle muncher was on top of 5'8 neighborhood watch guy and had him on the ground I guess he drew from the waist and jabbed it in his ribs with one shot achieving the desired affect of stopping the threat.

Plus, it could have been a .45 or 10mm? :shocked:

But I am only speculating and label it as such, lest I be confused with all the morons from the kids parents to al sharpton who pretend to know the truth when they know nothing of the kind, not having been there.

I hope this turns out to be not guilty, an acquittal. Alan dershowitz was on the radio today and said the information was pretty shallow and sounded like a media press release and did not include a lot of information we know would clear zimmerman that was already released. It is clearly an overcharge, and the misstatements in it vs what is known will likely bring an acquittal.

The prosecutor is running for office, and her announcement the other day sounded like a campaign speech, something dershowitz and I agree on.

16. HarleyGuy

HarleyGuy

Mar 29, 2008
    Not to be taken as fact, but I seem to remember an autopsy drawing on one of the talk shows and it indicated that Martin was shot from the front, towards the upper left chest area.
    Later on, the funeral director, when question about damages to he body indicated that he saw no apparent damages to the hands, knuckles or wrists, but only the bullet wound also in the left chest area.

This will be an interesting case.
    Probably be a year or more before it goes to trial unless they can reach a plea agreement.

17. steveksux

steveksux Massive Member

Jul 12, 2007
    Nope, it was a Kel-tec PF9, so it was a 9mm. The Kel-tec's aren't really designed to handle +P or +P+ 9mm regularly either, they recommend using that "sparingly".

Randy

Last edited: Apr 15, 2012
  18. CDR_Glock

CDR_Glock

Apr 1, 2010
    Virginia
    Goes to show you Placement is what counts.

19. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    tagged.

COM works.