close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Zimmerman charged with 2nd degree murder

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by callihan_44, Apr 11, 2012.

1. callihan_44

callihan_44 INFIDEL

Aug 19, 2010
    Flyover,USA
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
  2. Tango 1Zero

Tango 1Zero Millennium Member

Nov 8, 1999
    OH
    That lady doing the talking seemed way too happy and one sided.

3. HexHead

HexHead

Jul 16, 2009
    She opened the press conference with "We were committed to see justice for Trayvon".

Anything I have personally to add to that will likely get me banned from here.

4. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    He got justice.

5. greentriple

greentriple

Mar 11, 2010
    Of course she said that. Once they decided to charge they decided there was a victim and a defendant. The prosecutor would never say they were hoping for justice for the person charged.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

6. Gunnut 45/454

Gunnut 45/454

Jun 20, 2002
    I ask those from FL -does not the Stand your ground law prevent charges unless the evidence say otherwise. So if thats the case how can charges be filed with evidence being presented to a judge to show a crime other then a selfdefense action occured?

I agree she was way to happy about the whole thing ! I guess we wait for the very public hearing.

Well I found it!

"In either case, a person using any force permitted by the law is immune from criminal prosecution or civil action and cannot be arrested unless a law enforcement agency determines there is probable cause that the force used was unlawful."

FL better have some very good evidence or like I said Zimmerman is going to be a very rich man!

7. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    All to appease the masses. The only racism going on here is being perpetrated against Zimmeran, a man of Peruvian descent.

8. G33Fla

G33Fla

Oct 21, 2011
    Florida
    dont forget, florida does have gun haters too

9. rhikdavis

rhikdavis U.S. Veteran

Jul 22, 2002
    In Remembrance
  10. snerd

snerd

Apr 20, 2007
    Oklahoma
    Why, he's a racist white man as plain as the nose on your face! Don't you watch the news?!

11. DaveG

DaveG

May 3, 2009
    In the last few weeks, a white man was beaten and robbed for walking down the street by a group of thugs. An old man was beaten in response to the Martin shooting. And 3 black people were randomly murdered by an American Indian man.

...and this is all that is on the news.

12. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    Race had zero to do with this until, as usual, racists like Al Sharpton, Jesse Jackson, and the Black Panthers made it about race. Then everyone ran scared. Ridiculous. I don't care who the racists are, every group has them. They're all wrong.

The litmus test for how racist society has become, becuase of the fabrication of racism where it doesn't exist, was when they replaced the white Chief of Police, when NBC edited the 911 call to make it sound like Zimmerman was saying something racist.

When a guy who fought for his life under the law passed by the state of Florida is not protected under it, because the color of his skin is the wrong shade.

When the Black Panthers openly called for Zimmerman to be captured and killed with a bounty on his head, and none of them were arrested or charged.

When Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson who make their living on injecting racism where there is none come crusading.

When Spike Lee tweets violence against an Elderly Couple where they have to run in fear because their skin color isn't the right hue.

I conclude, Florida is one of the most rcaist states in the Union at this point.

It should float next to Cuba, they don't believe in freedom over there either.

13. Javelin

Javelin Got Glock? Silver Member

Feb 9, 2008
    N. Dallas
  14. njl

njl

Sep 28, 2000
    :noitacoL
    Unless they have evidence that somehow hasn't already been leaked, they have nothing.

So, the question is, did they charge him simply to placate the "black community"? Do the plan to try railroading him into prison? Do they have some "smoking gun" evidence that someone neglected to leak to the media?

Either way, it seems a sure thing, this is going to be the area's next Casey Anthony 3 ring media circus trial, and no matter what the outcome, a whole lot of people are going to be really pissed when the verdict is read.

I assume the defense will first move to have the case thrown out citing the stand your ground law, and the state will have to show why that shouldn't apply.

15. I welcome the news of Zimmerman's arrest with open arms. If we remove race and the fact that Zimmerman is a member of the CCW fraternity. Most of us would probably find him guilty. However, I am very interested in knowing more about the facts of this case. Let's not forget that an arrest doesn't necessarily mean a guilty verdict. Plus, the "hold your ground" law shouldn't only apply to gun owners. It sound like Travon "held his ground" and kicked Zimmerman's @$$ after being chased by him. Which led to his death after a well whooped Zimmerman "held his ground" by shooting him.

However, as one poster mentioned, it is a sad day for this country. I wonder at times if Zimmerman was black and Travon was white, would this be handled and viewed differently by all of us.

16. Kingarthurhk

Sep 5, 2010
    Texas
    It would have gone the way it should have. When someone, regardless of what color they are, busts you in the face, climbs on top of you and tries to beat the gooey center out of your skull against a sidewalk, and you shoot them before you black out, how is this wrong? Especially, in a state where it says you have by law, the right to do that?

Let me guess, if you are on a sidewalk with someone, and then decide to go back to your vehicle, and they jump you, bust you in the nose, and try to beat your brains out against the sidewalk, you will let them kill you with dignity, knowing you did the right thing?:whistling:

I suspect, if you had the means and ability, you would shoot too.

17. Ruble Noon

Ruble Noon "Cracker"

Feb 18, 2009
    The bold part of your post says that you are not interested in knowing more about the facts.

18. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    The crucial piece of information missing is exactly what happened in between the time that the two men were aware of each other, and the gun was fired.

I don't know what happened. Maybe there is a good guy in this, maybe not.

I was pretty sure that he would be charged. Too much publicity. There will be a trial, and a lot of information will come out. Some will ignore the evidence to continue to hold their own foregone conclusions about the incident, and regardless of the outcome, there will be outrage. We live in interesting times.

I maintain a very strict policy that for me to have to shoot anyone, would be the second worst thing that could happen to me. It's still number two on the list. I'll avoid it if possible. It's much more expensive than most of us realize.

19. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc MAJ (USA Ret.)

Feb 22, 2005
    Republic of Texas
    I'll second that. :shocked:

20. 4Rules

4Rules

Mar 11, 2012
    I wonder if Zimmerman had been unarmed, and Martin had been 21 and legally armed with a pistol, would this be handled and viewed differently by all of us.

(Regardless of which of the two had ended up dead.)