close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Yugoslavian M70 vs. Serbian PAP?

Discussion in 'The Kalashnikov Klub' started by Roostmonkey, Jul 13, 2013.

1. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    I'm in the market for an AKM pattern rifle, especially now that the prices are starting to level out. Other than the obvious grenade gas-shutoff/leaf sight, what have you guys found to be different? (Rails on dust cover not included)

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013
  2. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    Well, I guess I'll rephrase!

Would anyone like to share their experiences with either rifle? Fit and finish? Reliability?

3. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    Get the yugo underfolder m70ab make sure it's not the m70abt... this is a battle proven ak from the Balkan wars... the Serbian pap mag well was cut out to about a double stack mag...not a true ak... yugo m70 is one of the best made ak with a 1.6 rpk heavy duty... and you can turn it into a pistol or rifle... that's my opinion...Oh and it has nite sights you can use...but I like the regular iron sights better... shot this weekend 100 yards with iron sights...Very accurate...

4. Flamed

Flamed

Jun 16, 2013
    I only have the yugo m70ab2. Its very well made, heavy with tight tolerance. Its supposed to have a thicker receiver but not chromed line barrel. I dont know if those matter that much. There are only a few parts available, and they are not interchangeable, so rails and such tend to cost a little more. Its accurate enough for me. I can get 1 inch groups at 45 yards. Thats how long my local gun range can go. I have 3 FTF in maybe 500 rounds. Those happened in the first 100 and nothing thereafter. The underfolder is a bit uncomfy when shooting specially when youre gonna shoot it all day. The underfolder though makes it easy for me to stow it anywhere. I bought it during the peak of the panic. I dont regret buying it, its so fun to shoot.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373999706.078516.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373999759.629883.jpg ImageUploadedByTapatalk1373999839.822560.jpg

Attached Files:

5. md21

md21

Feb 2, 2013
    I bought a Yugo M70b1 fixed stock about two years ago for $475. It's very tight, built like a tank, and a surprisingly good shooter. After at least 2000 rounds I've had 1 failure which was my fault - I didn't have the shepherd's crook in right after a trigger group takedown. It's perfect with all types of ammo and consistently gives me about 2" at 50 yards and 4-5" at 100 with stock open sights. The furniture looks great and the metal finish is good quality. It's a CAI build, but they definitely got this one right. I'd highly recommend an M70 in either fixed or folding stock.

6. CGP

CGP

Mar 30, 2011
    Houston
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2013
  7. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    I saw that sale too! I might have to pull the trigger on that deal.

8. MSims

MSims

Jun 19, 2012
    The o pap were single stack mags that were later opened up to accept double stack mags... lots of problems with the o pap... nothing better than the true m70s...

9. CGP

CGP

Mar 30, 2011
    Houston
    You don't know what you're talking about. Seriously. Do some research and report back.

10. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    From what I understand, the rifle started out as the PAP, went to the N-PAP (the model with the railed dust cover), and the latest generation is the O-PAP. Again, from what I have heard, the O-PAP has a double stack bolt, and was built to accept full double stack magazines from the factory.

11. CGP

CGP

Mar 30, 2011
    Houston
    You are correct. I own several Yugos and the O-PAP does indeed have the double stack bolt. Minus the 922r parts, it's as every bit authentic as the pre-ban Mitchells.

12. Roostmonkey

Roostmonkey

Feb 20, 2008
    Cool, glad I was right. Of course, now I'm really itching to get an O-PAP from JG while they still have them on sale.

13. evlbruce

evlbruce

Nov 3, 2003
    Got to play with 'em. Aside from Igor being drunk and putting a sight on crooked, the fit and finish on the other example was fantastic every bit as good as the Bulgy I owned and better than the WASR and miles ahead of the MAADI.

ETA: Given that Century did the build, would not buy sight unseen.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2013