Glock Talk banner

Yugo M70B1 - Good Deal?

2K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  98_1LE 
#1 ·
http://www.glocktalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1093283

I've looked for a while and haven't found any other AK that looks this good. I'm meeting up with the guy tomorrow (well, today I guess) to take a look at it, and unless there's a good reason not to buy it I'm gonna snatch that thing up as fast as I can.

I don't think it comes with a sling. Are slings cheap?

It comes with a bayonet.

#2 ·
Price seems ever so slightly high to me. See this link from Steve at SCP firearms who sells on Sigforum (he might sell here too, not sure)....his reputation is unquestioned:

http://sigforum.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/350601935/m/613104331

Scroll down and you'll see price of $579 NEW. Comes with two mags. Not sure about bayonet.

Still, considering you get to check this one out in person, won't have to ship, etc., it's probably worth it. These century guns sometimes have some issues, so checking it out in person is probably worth that $20, especially when you factor in that you won't have to pay shipping.

Slings are pretty cheap. I got one for my SGL-21 off Gunbroker for $16 including the shipping, and am sure you could probably do a few bucks better.

Good luck.

#3 ·
Seems to be about going rate based on my limited experience shopping for an AK recently. If you were to cruise the web you'd find something a little cheaper but you'd pay shipping and FFL transfer. If you like wood furniture this is certainly a nice specimen. And I think an AK in the hand is worth two on the web :)
I'd be willing to pay a few more bucks to inspect a rifle in person.

#4 ·
Hogarth, thanks for the link. I couldn't find these for sale anywhere online when I looked. I think after the cost of shipping and an FFL transfer, the Yugo I'm looking at will end up being a little cheaper. I'm also getting 100 rounds of wolf out of the deal. The only downside is that there's only one mag, and I don't think it comes with a sling. No biggie though, I can pick those up later.

I'll post pics if I come home with it today!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.