Youtube videos stop playing afer a few seconds

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Green_Manelishi, Feb 8, 2013.

1. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Regardless of the browser: IE, FF, Chrome, Opera, Safari. Any/all videos stop playing after a few seconds. I have added nothing except an ethernet switch but even disconnecting the switch has no positive effect. Google results bang on about updating Flash but I am not being informed of a necessary update, and everything was fine the last time (a day/two ago) I played a video. Any ideas?

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #1 Green_Manelishi, Feb 8, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 8, 2013
  2. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

I have something similar happening.
    Posts an error message as follows.
    Awww Snap
    It looks like this page crashed.
    Download and install update to fix this problem.

When I try to update it says pluginupdate.exe is not commonly downloaded and could be dangerous. So of course I wont download it. What next? Thanks for the help guys!

3. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Run good anti virus software lately?

4. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

I have MS SE running all the time. Once per week I scan the PC. I also run Malware, Spybot each week. Spyware blast runs as well.

5. See if your adobe flash needs updating.

6. Blast

Blast 'nuff said

It happens to me too. At work or home. Win XP (home) Win7 (work). Explorer, Google Chrome, Firefox, all the same. What works for me is when it stops, usually about a minute or so into an average music vid is slide the button thingy to the end for a couple seconds then push it back to a few seconds before the stop point and it usually will download normally. You will see download filling in as it should ahead of the thingy.
    It must be a youtube issue.