close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

youtube slow buffering?

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by cosmose, Oct 18, 2011.

1. cosmose

cosmose

Dec 1, 2008
    Alabama
    anyway to speed up youtube? its buffering slow (having to wait before playing) is this a internet connection thing or something about the computer?

Thanks for any info:)

2. HerrGlock

HerrGlock Scouts Out CLM

Dec 28, 2000
    It's youtube. I think they're being victims of their own success and haven't updated their servers and bandwidth enough to handle the load.

3. i hope it is youtube. ive been cussing my computer alot lately. dont have as big of a problem with youtube on my android though.

4. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
  5. barstoolguru

barstoolguru texas proud

Jan 10, 2011
    dallas, tx
    I think it's you tube too I can sit here and watch netflix with no probs and have a you tub video and it runs slow. try updating adobe flash it might help

6. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    What videos on youtube are you watching?
    I just ran through a bunch and everything worked just time.
    I'm using flash ver. 11.0.1.129

7. voyager4520

voyager4520 -----

Apr 25, 2009
    SE Colorado
    It depends on how often you watch videos and which channel you're watching. If you watch videos a lot they tend to slow down the buffering speed for you(aka throttling). If the channel you're watching is a YouTube partner and the video you're watching has ads YouTube will generally buffer those videos faster because they're a source of income for YouTube.

They also seem to slow down the buffering for certain types of video at certain times of day. I'll watch videos for video games and after the first few the buffering will become really slow. I'll watch sponsored gun videos all day long with no problem but then when I watch a gun video with no sponsoring it'll buffer slow.

Last edited: Oct 19, 2011
  8. cosmose

cosmose

Dec 1, 2008
    Alabama
    hicok45 and a ton of different survival/bushcraft vids
    Thanks this actually helped a lot! although i still have to wait on the longer videos.

I have seen some downloads for video accelerator that is suppose to eliminate buffering for youtube vids has anybody heard of these kind of downloads and do they help?

9. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Good to hear it helped... it helped me quite a bit, but sometimes I do have to pause the video and let it get well ahead of the playback rate.

It's a balancing act - If you can watch your videos when the rest of the world is working or sleeping, life is *good* and you can spin through lots of videos...

But other times when everyone is on you just have to let it download a bit more than you thought it would need... and then play away.

Glad I helped a little bit anyway...

Patrick

10. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
  11. Never Nervous

Never Nervous

Aug 18, 2009
    Metro ATL
    Same here. I can watch anything on you tube on my android.

NN

12. Pierre!

Pierre! NRA Life Member

Jun 20, 2003
    Lovin Sparks Nv!
    Nope, once it's set, it's set!

Glad that helped...

Patrick