Your wallet.

Discussion in 'Okie Memorial Area' started by okie, Oct 12, 2012.

1. okie

okie GT Mayor

How thick is your wallet with everything in it? Mine is 1", last night I saw a guy pull out his wallet and I'll be go straight to hell if it wasn't damn near 3" thick. I don't know how the hell he can stand having a wallet that damn thick:alex:

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. byf43

byf43 NRA Life Member

Don't have a ruler handy, but, I'd say that my wallet is at least 1-1/2" thick.

Credit cards. Debit cards. Insurance cards. A couple of business cards. A few receipts.
    One or two dollars. (I'm married and have kids. I NEVER have cash!) :supergrin::crying::supergrin:

3. That thick is really not good to sit on. mine is probably and inch or 1.25. I clean it out every so often.

4. Since I rarely have cash on hand, I keep mine to the bare minimum too. About an inch I would guess, but I have seen some guys carry wallets that I could make an effective club from. My back goes numb just thinking about sitting on it.

5. skinny99

skinny99 Crew Chief

No wallet for me. I got tired of sitting on them. Most money clips suck, so I use one of these. Works great. Last wallet I carried ended up about 2" thick, had to make a change.

Attached Files:

6. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

[​IMG]

I guess it's better than a man-purse. :rofl:

Mine is less than 1/2" thick. Most of the crap you people keep in there you NEVER use.

My wife's wallet is 2" thick, but she has a woman-purse to carry it in. Every so often, I go through it and ask her, "When was the last time you went to XYZ Library 2 states over?" "Just put that back. I use that!" 90% of it could be stored elsewhere, but she has a need to carry just about anything and everything she needs when out and about.

You should have seen the diaper bag when the kids were younger. Marines have collapsed under lighter loads, no pun intended. She would be shocked when I went out for the DAY with one diaper, a few wipes and a bottle. "WHAT IF?!?!?!?!?!" "I'll figure it out, or come home."

7. 3/4". I have seen guys whip out leather cubes reminiscent of George Costanza. I for one can't stand it, unless its thick from cash. But then, it's usually ones that have added up from change. I try to hold on to those for vending machines.

8. Butcher

Butcher NRA Life Member

Do the "vending machines" have long legs and dance with a pole? Lol

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

9. I've downsized. I just carry a 4 slot card holder with a very slim clip on the other side for the rare occasion I carry cash. The only cards I carry on my person is a DL, a debit card, one credit card, and my work ID

10. 1/2" at it's thickest and carried in my front pocket. It's a Saddleback leather ID wallet in carbon black.

11. Tiny, I use this one now. Holds five cards and a money clip on the back. Tired of the Costanza wallet, but do keep it nearby, the leather one is a Filson bridle leather bifold. Works to have a couple, that way the front pocket wallet is lightweight and has the bare essentials, license, CCW Permit, two debit cards and a credit card.

[​IMG]

#11 GreenDrake, Oct 12, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  12. 1 1/2 here. I agree it is not good to constantly have in back pocket and sitting for back reasons.

I always carry it in a jacket or front pocket. It is true there is probably stuff in there I don't need but it always seem to grow back to this size....................

13. okie

okie GT Mayor

I do need to go through mine and see what can all be thrown away:supergrin:

14. Bilbo Bagins

Bilbo Bagins Slacked jawed

I use to have a huge wallet like that, then I got a Big Skinny Bi-fold wallet.

http://www.bigskinny.net/bifolds1.html

I got $500 cash (just got paid :supergrin: ) and about 10 credit/ID cards and my wallet is just a hair under 3/4" thick.

A word of warning though, if you have tons of ID/Credit cards you got to watch because they can slide out if you overstuff the card slots.

15. BEER

BEER bad example

not very thick. the only stuff in there is 50$, 5 of my business cards and my business account credit card. i clean out my wallet weekly to keep it from getting to the point it used to get to.

16. Dennis in MA

Dennis in MA Get off my lawn

I'm betting a lot of it could be just held in an elastic (or spare wallet) in your center console. Why carry it around when it is a parking-lot away if you need it?

17. okie

okie GT Mayor

Capitol idea my friend:thumbsup:

18. Just shy of 1/2". I'm with Bilbo, and have the same type of wallet. Much more comfortable than a thick one.

-Pat

#18 Cubdriver, Oct 12, 2012
  19. I saw these in another thread. They look pretty well put together. Anyone with any feedback?

http://jfold.com/

20. Crap, ya got me. Nah, just kiddin'. No, I just like to have them in case I get a bit hungry at work. The worst my wallet ever got was when I had $38 in singles and a bunch I rewards cards. I go rid of most of those cards to reduce size. Currently I've got ID, chp, ins, debit, SAMs club, 2 rewards cards. My 1 dollar is in my front pocket though. I do have a challenge coin in there that adds some thickness.

#20 TeeJay37, Oct 12, 2012