close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Your views on this

Discussion in 'Gun-Control Issues' started by nood1es, Oct 24, 2011.

1. nood1es

nood1es

Sep 28, 2011
    Here in wisconsin they are allowing CCW, which takes effect Nov 1. A rule they have which is kind of ridiculous is prohibiting CCW permit holders the right to carry on college campuses, the same campus that is teaching a 6hr course on CCW. What's are your views on this?

2. Does anything the liberal Wisconsin schools do make any sense, look at who's running them:dunno:. right now they are more worried about their double dipping plans:tongueout:

3. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    A ban on carrying on campus is quite common. In Texas, there was an attempt to repeal the ban on campus carry that failed in the last legislature. The lies used to support the ban were utterly ridiculous.

For the record, in Texas, guns in campus parking lots, on sidewalks, etc, are legal. Just not in campus buildings. The law prohibits CHL holders from carrying in a "building or portion thereof" used for educational purposes.

4. NMPOPS

NMPOPS

Jun 11, 2002
    New Mexico & Michigan
    Very few states allow campus carry.

Sent from my Ally

5. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    The ”MORONS” are worried that a CCW holder might hurt or kill some ONE but not afraid of the nut job that will kill a WHOLE BUNCH. Read my sig line.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2011
  6. TexasFats

TexasFats NRA, TSRA, SAF

Sep 14, 2006
    Austin, TX
    The opponents of campus carry ignore the fact that some college campuses, due to being located near high-crime areas, are very dangerous places simply because criminals come there looking for easy, defenseless victims. I teach college and I don't worry about the occasional nutcase pulling a Virginia Tech as I do about the ordinary street goblin coming in to rob, rape, and, maybe, make sure that the victim is in no condition to testify against him.

7. Jerry

Jerry Staff Member Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 21, 1998
    Louisiana
    Very good point! :thumbsup:

8. NEOH212

NEOH212 Diesel Girl

Mar 25, 2008
    North East Ohio
    It's ridiculous as is any restriction on concealed carry.

9. unit1069

unit1069

Oct 10, 2007
    So. Central US
    I believe I read of a murder not long ago where the initial reports spread news of "another campus shooting". If I remember correctly a young man was murdered in either a dorm or apartment on campus but it turned out to be a home invasion-style crime perpetrated by a low-life who lived in the high-crime area adjacent to the campus.

This episode had a better ending, thank God.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2011