close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Your opinion.....how would this look?

Discussion in 'Moto Club' started by aaronrkelly, Oct 9, 2007.

1. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly

Feb 27, 2005
    [​IMG]

I love the looks of this bike, a Triumph Thruxton. Stripped down, nothing fancy and red with white racing stripe....

I dont plan on buying a new bike.....nor would I buy this one as it wouldnt fulfill my needs for long rides with my wife.

I do have this bike.....do you think it would look pretty good with the same white racing stripes.....or retarded.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Unless you plan on cafe racer your bike, the racing stripe will look like crap.

3. I don't care for racing stripes... perhaps someone could do a photoshop for you, it would help to get a visual.

4. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly

Feb 27, 2005
    That it would, thanks for the suggestion.

5. michael t

michael t

Jul 3, 2004
    out back Ky.
    I say No to the stripes. My 13 year old daugther suggest a different color paint job instead. And she totaly disliked the Triumph.

6. J.R. Bob Dobbs

J.R. Bob Dobbs Nerd

Oct 3, 2000
    McGaheysville, VA
    I think it looks great as-is. If you want to do a makeover, how about GREEN paint? Either the modern lime-green or the retro darker pearl-green? .....I think this IS a Kawasaki?

Oh, and you can buy stick-on striping at most auto-parts stores. Wax the paint, stick it on, and it will come right off if you don't like it. If you do like it, peel it off, strip the wax, and re-stripe.

7. G30Big

G30Big

Jul 29, 2007
    NE Florida
    Nice looker - what year? Is it an LTD? I have an 82 kz1000 LTD, had a 1980 with the MKII engine.

Stripes would add a lot to it but not just racing stripes, go for something bolder. You may want to post on www.kzrider.com and get the opinion of some KZ owners.

8. aaronrkelly

aaronrkelly

Feb 27, 2005
    Its a 1980 LTD B4.

No stripes....my local graphics guys sold their business to someone else. I watched this guy TRY to cut a 6" sample stripe for me for 45 minutes and never did get it spaced/uniform correctly.

He says....no problem, I will get it right before I put it on....price $100.

The old guys could have wiped it out, put it on and I could be riding off in 20 minutes for $30.

These new guys are jokers.....

9. tshadow6

tshadow6

Jan 6, 2007
    If you want a racing stripe, put one on. It's your bike, make it look the way you want. ? Wouldn't you rather say "I remember when" or "I wish I had"

10. HollowHead

HollowHead Firm member

May 16, 2005
    Where the buffalo roam
    No stripe! It's why so many Dodges look so very, very childish. HH