Your input please

Discussion in 'Black Rifle Forum' started by S.Dewey, Oct 2, 2012.

1. Matthew Courtney

Matthew Courtney Instructor #298

Everybody.... Give me your attention please..... Foster says that chains and padlocks are just an inconvenience to criminals, so please, for heavens sake, quit using them. That glass window to your truck is more security than you could ever need. Locking your rifle up won't help. Heck, most car thieves can defeat ignition locks, so lets just all leave our keys in the ignition.

Come to think of it, readily accessible firearms would be a great idea for unsupervised kids to have ready acCess to as well, so let's just all leave our AR's lying around unsecured. Don't forget to leave them loaded, so the kiddies can begin teaching one another about ballistics right away!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
    #21 Matthew Courtney, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  2. Any petty thief with a hack saw and 15 minutes of access can cut through chains and padlocks. That’s assuming he doesn’t want to cut and bend the aluminum carry handle. If he brought bolt cutters, it will be much quicker.
    For the record, I’m not saying don’t use security devices. What I am saying is be aware of their limitations. (Sorry that was lost on you Matt) Gun safes can be defeated as well but it takes more time, knowledge and specialized tools than the average criminal brings to a burglary.
    When I buy a rifle, being able to chain it to a tree is not a feature I look for.

Just another childish rant.

#22 K. Foster, Oct 7, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 7, 2012