close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

your favorite spring/connector combo

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by zsir, Feb 12, 2012.

1. zsir

zsir

Be it stock or modified, nothing wrong with a preference for completely stock.

I'm interested in combinations of both stock and modified. Like a 3.5 lb connector with NY 1 trigger spring. I'd like to try that out.

G 17 Gen 3 . I installed 3 pc competition spring kit and 3.5lb connector after about 1000 rounds swapped out the firing pin spring for stock I'm going to try this for awhile.

I'm looking for a more positive reset (louder firmer click) maybe thats more on the connector than the springs.

Sorry if this has been beaten to death. I tried a few searches and didn't find info I was after.

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

2. robhic

robhic WOLVERINE!!!! Platinum Member

That's the beauty. Parts are cheap enough and the guns are easy enough to work on that you can easily and inexpensively try out all you want! :embarassed: For me, I ended up with the stock OEM setup in my guns.

I originally, due to the learning curve and such, lightened the triggers. 3.5 Ghost connectors, 4# striker springs, lighter striker safety spring, 6# trigger spring and the 25 cent trigger (polish) job. I also tried a NY1 spring but found it too heavy for my tastes.

Then, just for the heck of it, I replaced all but the 4# striker spring with OEM parts I had taken out. I liked it better. Now, two of the guns only have the 4# striker spring ('cause I was too lazy to put the OEM back in) except for my carry G26 which is completely stock.

Try and see what YOU prefer and good luck.

3. Melissa5

Melissa5

I've been using the Ghost Rocket 3.5, Wolf competition spring pack, and 25 cent trigger job.

Edited to say that the above setup is for my carry guns. For GSSF stock divisions, I use a "-" connector, stock springs, and 25 cent trigger job. For my GSSF unlimited race gun, I run a Travis Hailey Skimmer trigger kit with the Wolf competition spring pack.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2012
  4. ElrodCod

ElrodCod

My 17L is set up with a 6 lb. trigger spring, 4.5 lb. factory connector & a Wolff 5 lb. striker spring.

5. jw38

jw38

Thats one of the real features of the Glock, compared to any other handgun. Parts are fairly inexpensive whether custom or stock items. Change them all - make notes of what you like and didn't like. What You thought was great and what You thought was - wtf? After about one year of this, I'd almost bet that you will be back to absolutely stock or with the NY1 and Glock 3.5 Connector. We all have made this trip - enjoy the ride - make it fun.

6. zsir

zsir

lol...... thanks it's been fun so far. My friends with XD's are kind of envious

Sent from my VTAB1008 using Tapatalk

7. scattershot

scattershot

i have tried the 3.5 connector from a couple of different vendors, with and without the NY1 spring or the 6# trigger spring. Most just added a mushy feel to the trigger, so I just went back to the stock spring.

8. JasonC8301

JasonC8301

I like the Glock competition 3.5 connector and a glockmeister competition trigger spring.

I currently have the stock connector and ny2 spring in my 19 and 26. Heavy and mushy but thats what the dept wants.

I tried out a 19 with a plus connector and ny2 and found it heavy and horrible.

9. Glock+2

Glock+2

OEM recoil spring, 6# trigger spring, 4# striker spring w/lighten ext tip steel striker, modified light safety plunger spring, modified 3.5 LW connector

10. xtremejc

xtremejc Glockaholic !!!

Stock Glock setup ! It works and it's predictable...

11. LuckyG

LuckyG

I hate to be boring but - completely stock. I bought my first Glock last year, a Gen4 G34. The dealer had three in stock. I tried all three triggers and they were all different. One was VERY different - I bought it. As you know, the G34 comes with the 4.5 lb connector. as opposed to the the 5.5.

I have tuned every Sig and 1911 I have every owned. The Glock has about 900 rounds through it and I intend to do NOTHING to it. Takeup is reasonable, not gritty and it has a very crisp, clean break. The reset is very noticeable and does the clicky thing. It need no polishing, spring or connector changes. Unfortunately:supergrin:, I shoot it better than my Sigs.

While I am a Glock newbie, I have tuned a lot of actions on a lot of my other guns over the years (42). The sole exceptions are the Glock and a Wilson Pro with a fine 3 1/2 lb trigger. My experience on triggers is that they are all different (obviously). The issue is whether the trigger on a specific gun is in YOUR zone. It is very subjective (within reason) and the ultimate judge is the PAPER. Good gun...good trigger...good hits.

12. jb1911

jb1911

I've settled on the LWD coated 3.5 connector and a 6# trigger spring with a .25 trigger job.

13. barth

barth six barrels

Totally (Yup, I grew up in So Cal)
    One real beauty of Glocks is many parts swap across models.
    And the boatload of aftermarket parts available.
    Most are reasonably priced where you can mix and match.
    Find your own way.

I went through that too.
    Got a Ghost Rocket 3.5 and while it was being installed also bought -
    1) Glock "-" connector
    2) Ghost drop in 3.5 with no short reset
    3) NY1 spring.

Just to mix and match with.

Ironically,
    I totally love the Ghost Rocket 3.5 with factory springs.
    Crisp clean 5 lbs break with 60% reduced short reset - perfect!
    Never even had a second thought about even trying out the others.

Now I have mags and barrels for three calibers.
    And various mags in 4 lengths with an x-grip.
    Ironically, again, I'm favoring the factory flush grips - LOL.

Now I'm waiting on my third Storm Lake barrel to
    have a 9mm/357/40 shoot off!

It's a fun and personal journey to make.
    Savor the moments

14. barth

barth six barrels

Double Post

15. Noponer

Noponer

Not when you are shooting in a GSSF stock division, I hope! - :tongueout:

16. barth

barth six barrels

Melissa has at least 7 Glocks.
    I think the Rocket is her carry set up.
    She runs a HALEY SKIMMER for competition I think?
    Don't know about GSSF?
    If that's all factory, then she has something for that too?

It's Melissa...

17. arushus

arushus Biggest Member

Ghost 3.5 connector, lwd trigger overtravel stop, 6lb trigger spring, stock striker spring and striker safety spring.

I love this setup.

I did another modification that made it even better, may sound crazy, but it has worked great so far. I took the stiker channel spacer out, (not the liner) and cut the top off of it most of the way down so that the striker moves up in the channel and breaks free of the sear sooner. I took up the slack with the overtravel stop and now there is quite a bit less pretravel and the break is crisp and smooth.

18. Melissa5

Melissa5

Sadly, no. For GSSF stock divisions, I use a "-" connector and a 25 cent trigger job. My scores would be greatly improved by using the Ghost Rocket or Skimmer though. :crying:

19. TxGlock9

TxGlock9

Pretty simple for me. Ghost 3.5 and polish job.

20. DRAGON1970

DRAGON1970