close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

your favorite milsurps?

Discussion in 'Military Surplus Forum' started by Diesel McBadass, Oct 16, 2011.

1. milje

milje

Jun 5, 2011
    U.P. of Michigan
    I just bought a mosin nagant on saturday and I must say, it's quite fun to shoot. Ammo is a bit more than ammo for my SKS, but I waste a lot less screwing around haha.

My favorite though was the M1 Garand that a guy at the range let me shoot when I was sighting in my deer rifle.

2. tongix

tongix

Oct 10, 2009
    My Mosin 91 59 carbine and Tokarev pistol Type 54. They are blast, the concussion of the Mosin will let the AR guys know you are nothing to be lookdown with . Its cheap ugly rifle but it speaks with authority. AMmo is cheap and i wouldnt worry if it gets scratched.
    The Tokarev on the other hand can be fired rapidly . Groups are fistsized at 7 yds with cheap surplus.

3. meta1704

meta1704

Jan 6, 2012
    My grandfathers shrt l.e. 1916

Attached Files:

4. Ted the Ninja

Ted the Ninja

Apr 16, 2011
    Kentucky
    The Lee Enfield no. 4 mk. 1. I have owned three so far and my most expensive one was only $200. The ammo's not very cheap (usually around a dollar per round), and sometimes its hard to find where I live, but I love them. There isn't much felt recoil and they are rediculously accurate for a seventy-something year-old rifle. Easy to clean and operate. Only real downside is the weight (almost 9lbs isn't fun after a few hours in the sun) and usual condition you find them in (extremely dirty and some of the screws for the furnature are almost always siezed up).

5. BOOSTED12A

BOOSTED12A sequestered!

ive been rebuilding my sporterized NO4 recently. the more i work on it the more i like it. im down to 2 pieces. rear hand guard and the but swivel. a ribed hand guard is in the mail right now. mine is a 1942 savage. traded a beat up CZ82 for the rifle and about 300 rnds of surplus a few yars ago

Last edited: Feb 10, 2012
  6. rhino673

rhino673

Feb 7, 2010
    here is my Swede Ljungman

7. Soba

Soba

Mar 1, 2006
    For me...

#1 is the Garand (January 1945 receiver and barrel). Love it.
    #2 is the Swiss K31. Most accurate of my milsurp.

8. whiskerz

whiskerz

Mar 30, 2000
    ,ga. usa
    My K-31 is my favorite shooter because it is accurate . But I have not shot my M-39 yet

9. Bob Hafler

Bob Hafler

Sep 13, 2011
    I have two Mil Surp rifles one S/A M1 Garand (1955) and one Mossin Nagant 91/30 (1942). Garand wins hands down.

10. Decguns

Decguns

Dec 29, 2003
    NC
    I have a cabinet full of byf K98k's and another full of Mosins. Safe's full of Winchester Garands and Carbines, plus Arisaka's and MAS rifles... but my favorite? Has to be the Romanian 7.62 NATO PSL. Just something neat about shooting a com-bloc rifle chambered in 308.

[​IMG]

11. MrGlock21

MrGlock21

Apr 16, 2001
    North Texas
    -Garand M1
    -SKS PAratrooper
    -DDR Makarov
    -Steyr 95 Budapest Mannlicher Stutzen

12. SS1

SS1

Feb 1, 2009
    Southern Ga
    Picked up a 1943 M1 GARAND, Have yet to fire it.
    But it was my favorite before I bought one.
    Like others, Fired one at a CMP open house back in the 80's
    You always remember the first one

13. TTM65

TTM65

Jul 5, 2006
    Central Florida
    I never paid much attention to these until landing here in Afghaniland. I am working in a forensics lab and we process all catured materials. I have seen many variations of the enfields, nagants, and 98 mausers. I think I like the sniper enfield the best so far. I will have to add something to the collection when I get back home.

14. E-2-E

E-2-E Long Trail

Jan 12, 2010
    Southern New England
    Jealous,and you picked it up at a good price IIRC. I saw on at my favorite gun shop about two yrs ago, asking price was around $650.00:faint:

15. Travclem

Travclem Badass Member Lifetime Member

Aug 4, 2008
    Lubbock, TX
    Yeah I got a good deal on it for sure.

16. never enough

never enough

Sep 15, 2011
    I'd say my SKS's and my Mosins are my favorite to shoot. Cheap ammo and a loud bang everytime

17. WhiskyTango

WhiskyTango

Apr 11, 2014
    I want one of those. The lust for an SKS-M has replaced the lust I normally reserved for an M1A. I'd much rather have one of those than any AK including my Yugo,

Nice rifle, Sir!