Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Your "Favorite" Local Gun Shop

Discussion in 'General Firearms Forum' started by CJStudent, Aug 18, 2012.

1. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    So what makes your favorite LGS your favorite?

For me, it's partially the convenience, and partially the atmosphere there. It's a small shop; heck, some of the guys that work there work there for free!

It may be a bit more expensive than some of the bigger shops, but I like dealing with these guys. I know them, they know me; none of the tools you'll find some other places. It's literally just around the corner from me, so I'll drop in just to say hi and poke around a bit fairly often. It's rare that I can get out of there without spending money, though, lol.
    NewWaveGuy and hogship like this.
  2. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    It's mainly the high prices and the lack of lube upon bending over.

3. dnuggett

dnuggett PRO 2A

Feb 28, 2005
    DFW TX
    The fact that the get me what I want before many folks get a chance to even see one. Case in point an XDS awhile ago and a KSG two days ago.
  4. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Great prices and the guys are great there as well. I make it a point to stop by every Friday even if it's just to say hello.
  5. Glock40man

Feb 1, 2011
    The Midwest
    My favorite LGS has exceptional CS. Sometimes I stop just to shoot the breeze.
  6. TheExplorer

Apr 16, 2012
    Mine is because they treat everyone who walks through the door the same. Not everyone starts out qualifying for TopShot, and they understand that. I had one that made me feel like an idiot because I didn't know as much as them. They have since gone out of business because they would act like this with every new customer.
  7. collim1

collim1 Shower Time!

Mar 14, 2005
    I have a favorite LGS. I may pay a few more bucks for a gun, but it goes to a local family owned business, and I am ok with that. I can usually find ammo cheaper if I research and make a bulk purchase, but I buy a 2-3 boxes a week from them at a little more cost.

As a result I have bought several guns on 0% interest layaway from them in last few years.
  8. Tim151515

Tim151515 iHeartGuns

Feb 6, 2011
    Dayton, OH
    I like the fact that has a good atmosphere and great service. Its not some mall ninja candy shop with nothing but ar's and people behind the desk that wished they joined the army/marines but couldnt muster the balls to do it. You can just go there and shoot the #$@!, with no pressure. But if you do need service, work on a gun etc. its all there. I try to make sure every one of my purchases is from there.
  9. CJStudent

CJStudent Fenced In

Nov 3, 2005
    Yeah, I forgot to mention that my LGS is also one of the few gunsmith shops around, and in my opinion, the best locally.
  10. pennlineman

Feb 16, 2009
    They just treat me good. They also work with me on layaways on my more expensive purchases.
  11. hogship

hogship It's MY Island

I have two favorite LGS's.......

Both of these have great used guns.......but, you have to be prepared to pay up right now, because the good ones don't last for long!

One shop is more favorite than the other, because the owner is someone I've known for 32 years. Great guy.

12. concretefuzzynuts

concretefuzzynuts Brew Crew

Dec 27, 2011
    "Superior Pawn and Guuuuuun! 4 locations to serve you with the widest selection of guns in the tidewater area, knives, gold, high end watches and low end watches."

Ok enough of the commercial I hear every day. It really is a good store with great owners and a mostly friendly staff. Each store has a firing range and they let you have a free range session with each purchase of a firearm. You can even buy a years membership for 1/2 price ($60) with your gun purchase. I can't say enough good things about them.
  13. michael e

michael e

Nov 20, 2010
    And thats your favorite? Man would hate to see what the worse one around you offers.
    NewWaveGuy likes this.
  14. Mine has good knowledgeable people who will spend as much time with you as you may need.
    Good selection of guns and fairly decent prices.
    Has an indoor range and plenty of top quality ammo along with a lot of range type ammo.
    They don't get nervous if you practice rapid fire drills and they treat everyone with respect.
    Almost sounds too good to be true doesn't it?
  15. SPIN2010

SPIN2010 Searching ...

Mar 14, 2010
    On the move ... again!
    Cincinnati? Oh, sorry I see MI in the avatar.
  16. Jason D

Jason D INFRINGED Silver Member Millennium Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Mivonks, MI
    It's pretty much the only game in town. I'd have to drive 50 miles to get to a good one.

Full MSRP on most everything.
    Gun accessories and other stuff is mostly over. The only reason to stop there is when you need something now for an emergency or something.
  17. Andy W

Andy W

Dec 4, 2006
    Best prices I've ever seen, friendly staff, great customer service. Very rare to find a small gun shop like this which is why they do so well.

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine
  18. skeeter7

skeeter7 Brass Vulture

Nov 13, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Forgot to mention that my favorite LGS does free transfers and has no money down layaways for up to a year. He also has lower prices than anyone else in the area. You can't beat it!
  19. GLOCK17DB9

Dec 30, 2011
    Troy, MI
    While location and prices are important you have to feel that you are really being treated fairly and appreciated and that is what my local gun shop does for me. btw Double Action Gun Shop.:supergrin:
  20. This is the biggest and baddest store in GA. It is so big you can get lost in the store for hrs.

No other store has the selection that they have, and the prices are good.

I find Forsyth County Pawn , and 400 pawn to have the best prices and best customer service (same company).

There are a few I would never do business with.