Glock Talk banner

your favorite combat shotgun?

28K views 153 replies 118 participants last post by  Wyzz Kydd 
#1 ·
Post here. I just have a 870 with a field barrel, wish to upgrade in future open to anything

#122 ·
Take the shotgun down to the pins. Soak the metal parts in a good lubricant like MPro7. Let the parts dry and continue to soak over and over for a week. After this the shotgun will not rust. I've done this four 870 express models and it works. I have two right now that have finish worn off and have been dropped in the water duck hunting and there is no rust on them.

#117 ·
I have a Mossberg 590A1 six shot. I like it a lot.
I would like to add a Benelli M1 Super 90 or M2 to the stable. The FN SLP looks pretty darn good too. :wavey:
I have a Mossberg M590A1 18" gun in the bedroom, stuffed with 2&3/4" 000, with a Choate +1 tube which really makes it a +2 setup. A sidesaddle full of slugs and a MagPul stock & forend with a light, an oversized safety and it's as good as it gets. I have a Benelli M2 in the safe, set up as my three gun match toy, but the Mossberg will do just fine if the s**t hits the fan and I need more then my Glock 41...

#21 ·
I have two and decide which is my favorite. One is a 870P,18 1/2" brl,syn.stock,rifle sights. The other is a Mossy 930SPX with a standard stock. Both great weapons. I have had no problems with either. Everybody should have a pump and semi.

#25 ·
What did you do to shorten that barrel? I'd like to cut down my 28" VR barrel to about 23" but I want to thread it for turkey chokes.
I used a new quick-cut hacksaw blade (not a cheap one), and duct tape to tape above & below the cut ("measure twice, cut once"), then after the cut, I used a couple Swiss-files to totally even out the cut, as well as knocking-off the burr inside the barrel so that it is completely smooth & even...I finished off with 600 & 1200 grit wet-dry sandpaper. I cut mine down from 26" to 18 & 1/2".

As far as internal threading for a choke tube goes, that's something that a (good) gunsmith can do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.