close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Your Best Duty Station?

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by AKA, Mar 8, 2006.

1. AKA

AKA

Mar 19, 2001
    Portland OR
    Your Best Duty Station?

Please for give me if this has already been covered but I could not find it if it was.

Mine was clearly South Korea-Land of the Morning Calm.

Cigarettes ten cents per pack, drinks fifteen cents each and a very exotic land to wander around in. I turned 21 years old sitting in the NCO club sipping a beverage.

I was stationed in a compound near North Korea in 1961-1962. People were seldom killed except by old ordnance left from combat.

2. Hmmm. Well it wasn't the Land of the Morning Calm! I was in Korea 1951 - 1952 in the 27th Inf. Regiment 25th ID. (Wolfhound!) They were still shooting at us in those days!

My favorite duty station was in Osaka, Japan 1948 - '49 while serving with the 25th Division Signal Company. I Served in the Occupation of Japan from JUN '47 to OCT '49 I learned to love Japan and its people.

3. reconvic

reconvic Recon Marine

Feb 27, 2005
    Mesa, Az.
    I was a chaser for the MArines and Navy.Bring in the men UA, or commited other crimes.I was at the Brooklyn Navy Yard brig, and they would pay us extra to drive them to Virgina, we weree armed with 45's.Never had a problem. That was my last 4 months in the Corps.

4. fnfalman

fnfalman Chicks Dig It

Oct 23, 2000
    California & New Mexico, US
    Ft. Campbell, Kentucky. It ain't exotic but I sure had a lot of fun there.

5. KNEESINTHEBREEZ

KNEESINTHEBREEZ Got Silk?

Jan 9, 2004
    Texas
    Ft. Bragg - well, it was my ONLY duty station so what else could I pick? ;f

6. AirAssault

AirAssault Übermensch

Feb 2, 2006
    :cool:

7. Bearcat06

Bearcat06

Oct 17, 2002
    Honolulu, HI
    Schofield Barracks Hawaii and Aschaffenburg Germany were by far my 2 favorite places to play Army at.....

8. rangerruck

rangerruck

Oct 16, 2005
    ditto to schofield, so far away from the world, no polits ever came over for photos, or for paperwork in triplicate. most ops were squad sized , then platoon.

9. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Feb 9, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    +1, the only good sources of women were in Charlotte but I have the fondest memories from there. Hence why my avatar is my old D.U.I

10. Big Time

Big Time Senior User

Jan 13, 2002
    Columbus, Georgia
    Wiesbaden Germany! Excellant location,great beer,girls waiting to meet you,great shopping,cool bars,nice weather. I was stationed at the air base.

11. KNEESINTHEBREEZ

KNEESINTHEBREEZ Got Silk?

Jan 9, 2004
    Texas
    I must disagree - surely you forget Chapel Hill!;) BTW, you were with 112th, eh? PM inbound.

12. Greece, north of Thessaloniki, before it got nasty in Yugoslavia.

13. gsr

gsr

Dec 31, 2005
    Utah
    Merrill Barracks, Nurnburg, West Germany. 10 miniutes to downtown, and all that has to offer.;)

14. gunman_23

gunman_23 GOOGLE IT

Feb 9, 2006
    Northern Virginia
    NOPE! I didnt forget Chapel Hill. I said Charlotte for three reasons,

1. 85% of the joes go to Raleigh. (Only town outside of Fayetteville that the women know the Army pay scale better than DFAS)

2. 10% of the joes are "smarter" and go to Chapel Hill

3. I have family in Hickory NC, so I have an inside line on the good bars, and no need to pay for a hotel or risk a DUI. (Not trying to say I am smarter than the rest of the good hearted joes of Bragg)

15. ejhamm

ejhamm

Mar 6, 2006
    VA
  16. jmears06

jmears06

Mar 3, 2006
    Newark, Ohio
    Mine was at Osan, Korea 1974-75. Best kept secret in the Air Force.

17. truxrme

truxrme

Nov 9, 2005
    Cave Creek, AZ
  18. torrejon224

torrejon224

Mar 15, 2006
    Oregon
    Torrejon, Spain! 12 miles from Madrid and party, party, party all the time!

19. Camp Casey South Korea, 1966
    I was a lucky man. I "volunteered" and ended up working on the rifle range. HHC7XTF which was Headquarters & Headquarters Company, 7th Inf. Div. Train Fire Committee.
    Had it made. I was 19 and I was on R&R for 13 months.
    I went to Nam after that with A troop, 3rd Squadron, 4th Cavalry, 25th Inf. Div. I was a replacement FNG. NOT a GOOD EXPERIENCE!!
    Funniest part is I enlisted for "Armored Europe" as I wanted to chase all those German Fraulines around (with my last name being Schneider!!) Never got there...so much for those "army guarantees"
    :supergrin:
    bob

20. sgtslwilson

sgtslwilson

Feb 27, 2005
    Alabama
    Vilseck, Germany

Rose Barracks...I had a blast!