Your bedside Glock...Loaded or unloaded ??

Discussion in 'General Glocking' started by vyper005, May 13, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. G30 with TLR3, and a couple of spare mags, in bedside safe.
    Mag in, empty chamber. Waking up in the middle of the night, I'm nervous about reaching into the safe and fumbling the trigger with one in the pipe.

Sometimes when my alarm goes off, I sit up and look around, wondering where I am, who I am, and what that ******* noise is. And I'm not kidding.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. me as well.....

3. LASTRESORT20

LASTRESORT20 LongTerm-Guy

Loaded Holstered one in pipe 24/7....Ready...

4. btj

btj

Loaded +1 and holstered between the bed and the wall.

5. He said it was in a small safe as well, so that rules out the fear of a child messing with it.

The whole thing makes zero sense.

Its amazing what people will do. :headscratch:

6. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

All of mine are fully loaded.

7. Glock 30 or Glock 27 with a fully loaded magazine and one in the chamber on the night stand. There is also a fully loaded Glock 17 in the safe and a Beretta PX4 in another secret, handy place.

#27 klt1986, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: May 13, 2013
  8. I'm similar to you except I have a loaded mag in my G17 (with the trigger depressed for extra safety in case my 3-year old happened to miraculously get it) that is inside a think single-gun Stack-On safe. I also have 2 loaded 17-round mags that fit inside it as well...fits nicely inside my top drawer of the nightstand.
    [​IMG]

9. GRT45

GRT45 Transform & Win

As others have already pointed out, keep the pistol ready for immediate use but secured.

I keep the Glock loaded with a full mag and one in the chamber. It's stowed conveniently with a spare mag in a FAS1 pistol safe mounted beneath the bed frame. The safe can be unlocked quickly while lying in bed in total darkness (no batteries or electronics to fail). A gas spring opens the safe lid and presents the pistol in a holster beneath the lid. My gal has the same setup on her side of the bed.

If one desires, and when children are not in the home, the push-button combination can be pre-entered at night leaving it necessary to only turn the knob on the safe to open it.

Other security measures and weapons are not divulged on a public forum. :)

#29 GRT45, May 13, 2013
    Last edited: Feb 12, 2014
  10. I have a G23 and full size 1911 both in the bedside table and both are chambered and read. Spare magazine for each as well.

11. G22 loaded TL-10 and 3 extra mags bedside table.

12. I was thinking the same thing.

13. Loaded in a holster

14. Loaded!!!

15. Fully loaded with round in chamber, tac light on any of my Glocks, and G2 light with lanyard on bed post: BUT, I keep it in a holster. I would hate to be woken up, fuzzy headed and reach for a Glock with round in a chamber. I have a better comfort level with the 1/2 second it takes to pull it out of the holster.

16. radial

G19 within reach. Loaded mag in the gun, but nothing in the chamber. Surefire x300 ultra attached. An extra mag within reach, though I doubt I will ever face a challenge in my home where I would need to shoot more than 15 rounds. Oh, and hearing protection in the drawer, just in case I have time to jam in some plugs before the fireworks ensue.

So, rack the slide, light up the potential target, verify the threat, shoot until threat is neutralized. Does anyone ever drill the bedroom intruder scenario? I've done it a couple of times and it was an eye-opener. I don't know about other people, but my brain takes a while to go from deep sleep to competent self defense. My sleepy brain has some trouble with the fine motor skills required to bring a handgun into play under these circumstances. Also with making quick and accurate threat assessments so I don't shoot a family member or some other innocent who stumbled into the kill zone by accident. I feel like I need to practice this a lot more. As always, the hardware is the easy part.

17. Gen 4 Glock 23 with Streamlight TLR-3 sites in my nightstand. Loaded with round in the chamber. Spare magazine beside it.

I have no kids. When my nephew and niece visit all guns are unloaded and hidden.

18. I keep it simple - unless I am shooting it

If a pistol is fully loaded with one in the chamber - it is in a holster.

If it has a full mag - empty chamber - no holster.

Been doing it this way for as long s I can remember - and am too old to change now.

Bump in the night I grab my G21 out of the ALREADY UNLOCKED safe - no holster so I know the slide need a good hard RACKING.

If I am downstairs - several 9MM that I use for CC in a quick open safe - all in a holster - so I know - no need to rack the slide - pull out of holster and point and click.

:dunno:

19. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

I don't follow or understand the logic in that, but, if it works for you...

20. Always locked and loaded attached to a gun magnet on the side of my bed for easy reach, flashlight and extra mag in the nightstand drawer. And of course my trusty Rottweiler laying in the hallway on the floor near all of the bedroom doors.