Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

youngest shooter

Discussion in 'Band of Glockers' started by cznayr, Jun 6, 2009.

1. cznayr

cznayr Dis-member

Jun 14, 2004
  2. paltiq

Oct 29, 2005
    ......i feel meron akong pagkukulang sa mga anak ko;-( 7 & 10 years old... parang wala akong kwentang father to them after seeing the video=)

3. Awesome! We may yet see a world class athlete in the making. Starting at a young age honing shooting skills would accelerate his competitiveness even before reaching his teens.
  4. z_e_n

May 5, 2009
    Ayus lang yan... if they start too early they'll end up with a damaged wrist...
  5. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003

Any ortho here who can confirm?
    2 na rin narinig ko nagcomplain na bata sumakit ang wrist

But daym ,nakatuwa panuorin yung bata
    and He's shooting a glock :)
    He could teach us a thing or two about the glocks "excessive recoil and trigger pull " heehee
  6. Eye Cutter

Eye Cutter Moderator

Nov 21, 2002
    Dr. B. Eye
    di ko makita kung trigger finger out pag moving and during pistol manipulation. mas concerned ako baka mag AD tamaan kamay niya!
  7. dudley

Apr 30, 2008
    Take note how close his hand is to the barrel when he is chambering, etc. He's going to eventually blow a finger at least off, the jerk father needs some training himself.
  8. Yup I agree with you sir. With regards to the "Wrist" thing, it is traumatic to the bone and to the soft tissue around the wrist and hands. BTW, I am not an ortho surgeon but a registered physical therapist in the USA and here in the Philippines. Just my dos centavos:cool:
  9. atmarcella

Aug 27, 2004
    pinotukan nya ang plastic bottle sa taas ng drum?

kwento kasi sa amin mga 5years ago me nangyari sa lipa city, ang isa sa mga targets naka tago sa drum, yung shooter tinamaan ang drum, nag richochet ang bala tinamaan sya sa ulo dedbol sya.

thats why daw hindi na gumagamit bakal na drum as props ngayon.
  10. batangueno

batangueno Shock Resist

Oct 1, 2002
    I hope he doesn't get burned out like some young shooters i see.

The way he racks the slide really is scary though.
  11. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    Nah , i think he's safe
    Sa galing nung bata at sa dami na nya naputok , he would have had an accident by now if he was unsafe
    Of course , even the best shooters have AD'd
  12. Single Stacker

Single Stacker

Oct 16, 2003
    Pasay City
    If you will ask me, I do not see nor can think of any gains that anybody can get out of this activity that would out weight the great danger that they are exposing the child into. Sana airsoft na lang muna, non-lethal compared to real guns.

Again that is just me.

13. Putok-Glock

Feb 2, 2005
    Maybe I can relate to this. Just yesterday my family went firing in our club's range. My 17 yr old son can hanle well the 9mm and .40 glocks. But my two younger sons age 9 and 6 only had the ruger .22 pistol. Later, the 2 youngests, out of curiosity, started pestering me to let them shoot the 9, but to their dismay and disappointment, I did not allow them. Im concerned of any detrimental effect, physical or otherwise, of firing high cal. guns on their young bodies. These may not manifest now, but if they do in later years, i Think it will be too late to cure or remedy them. Also, young as they are, I wont trust their young disposition to be safe at all times inspite of extensive training on safe gun handling. Its so easy for us adults to be distracted and be unsafe, should I trust them to be safe at all times at such age?
    Am I envious of those in video? Nah! In fact i pity the kid! He is an unknowing and unwilling victim of the parents' ego..
    Just my .02 concerns. Maybe Im wrong, i apologize...
  14. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    OTOH, I've never pushed my 12 yr old son to shoot , run , bike, swim , roll
    Kahit he has all the resources he needs
    Ayun , maghapon naka babad sa online games
    I dont think tiger woods would be as good as he is today w/out his green beret dad pushing him when he was a kid
  15. Putok-Glock

Feb 2, 2005
    Pushing, bike, swim, roll, to play w/ a golf club...compared to push him to shoot a hi cal handgun...a 6 and 9 yr old kid, my own kid or any body's child? Sorry Im not that egotistiic to overide my concern for their well being just to satisfy my deep desire to correct my failure to push myself to do my best in my past. They have their own lives, and even as parents, we dont own them to work them out for the fulfilment of our failed personal dreams or present fantasies.

Again just my .02 concerns...sorry if im wrong.
  16. bulm540

Jun 18, 2004
    Ditto! I think he is too young IMO.
  17. dbiggershot

May 31, 2008
    as far as what the kid have attained in his performance in shooting, then i would say it is really indeed IMPRESSIVE.. but as a father and a non-violent community promoter, then i would say too early for the kids to learn such hobby. Very dangerous for him, and since it is a gun, i dont think a kid such age can comprehend what is the real score of how danger using a gun. I suggest better to teach kids first the basic understanding of morality and ofcourse concentrate first in schooling.

I am not against the father, but i think safetiness of handling the gun still much needed to be improve..

Just a personal fatherly opinion..
  18. Allegra

Mar 16, 2003
    I dont think your wrong
    Totoo naman yan
    You dont see jordan or lance armstrong screaming at their kids at the sidelines ng laro
    But I play a lot of sports , and there's always some kid or kids in every sport who's better than every one else, and a very pushy parent behind them hehe
    I have a very beautiful 12 year old neice na junior blackbelt na nakikipagbugbugan sa TKD.
    One of our production shooters has been racing cars since he was 12
    Both sports aer dangerous din.
    I wish ako yang bata na yan back when I was 6 haha inggit ako
  19. sandman_sy

Nov 15, 2006
    There was a news about a month ago.. in the US, the parents shelved his XBOX 360 or Playstation 3(i forgot basta gaming console) and the kid got angry.. he went to his father's room... took out the handgun(according to the father the kid was taught how to be safe and how to handle guns) and told his parents to close their eyes coz he had a surprise for them.

Good thing injured lang or miss yung bata.... lesson in this story... Even us as grown ups.. we lose our temper some times.. doing things that we may regret in the end.. take note: GROWN UP... our decision making is far more better than a kid. and still we do things out of anger that we later on say "that was stupid".
    Imagine a kid.. just my .00001 cents :)
  20. kamelot

Dec 16, 2005
    it looks like his hand swept the end of the muzzle several times...notably after racking the slide.