close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Young Glockers III [vote here]

Discussion in 'Clubhouse Office' started by -, Sep 15, 2004.

1. Guest

Hello!!!
    I am a very interested young glocker. I started with Glock with my father when i was 15 years old and i've been attending the GSSF for the last three years. Every time i see my father on the computer he is always looking at Glock Talk and i wanted to know what it was all about. I find everything very interesting and i was wondering why you didn't have a young glockers club or anything relating to the teens out there. I thought I could start one myself but im not sure how to go about that. Could you help me out?
    THANX A MILLION!
    Scarlet~2

2. Patricia

Patricia Wild at heart Millennium Member CLM

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Well Scarlet, you've made the first step. You will have to get at least 50 votes in order to have a club created.

I would like to invite you not to be shy about interacting with us old foggies though. ;f

3. .22 boy

.22 boy WHOO!! WHOO!!

Jun 12, 2004
    Florida
    Im a youngin you have my vote.

.22 boy

4. Guest

Ok that sounds like it shouldn't be too difficult. But i have a couple more questions...
    (1) How do i get people to vote?
    (2) Who do i go to after i get votes?
    (3) How do i prove i have these votes?
    I am very excited about this. The GSSF is one of the very few things i am able to share with my father. The once-a-year bonding that we have is very precious. Being able to be a part of something on Glock Talk will only make sharing our common hobby that much more precious.

THANX AGAIN!!!

Scarlet ~2

5. allglock

allglock Guest

They will keep responding to this thread. Then when you get 50 responses (of the yes variety) you will have a club.
    Good luck!
    I do believe I am too old for your club, but not at heart.

6. Guest

WELCOME
    This will officially be my Voting thread. This thread will be devoted to the voting for the Young Glockers Club.
    General Information:
    The Young Glockers Club will be a general club for the younger generations. Nothing against our senior members but honestly when i signed on i was a little intimidated by the older more mature members. This club will be devoted to the teens and young adults alike. We will discuss GLOCK related issues, music, hobbies, anything anyone wants to talk about.

If you would like to support this upcoming club please post your vote on this thread. It would be much appreciated.

THANK YOU!
    Scarlet ~2

7. BikerGoddess

BikerGoddess Got hairspray?

Mar 8, 2002
    Dallas, TX
    Anyone who considers me young gets my vote ;f

Laura

8. lumberjack

lumberjack One of Many

May 3, 2004
    Mississippi
    I say yes.

I am 18.

How about we post our age also, suchas how old is the club founder?

9. clubsoda22

clubsoda22

Jul 28, 2004
    SE PA
    The age for owning a handgun is 18 in all but a few states. i'm 19 and own 4 handguns completely legally, but being younger than 18 doesn't mean your dad doesn't own a gun and you don't have an interest in the shooting sports. I think getting advice and opinions from other responsible shooters would be beneficial for people of that age. As long as they're over 13 (which i believe is the minimum age that eric can legally allow them on the board without parental permission) they should feel free to. I'll support your club. I believe it would also be plenty beneficial to college students (people my age) who are struggling trying to keep or carry on an anti-gun campus.

10. ClearDark

ClearDark

Aug 11, 2004
    Maine
    Im 18 as well.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2014
  11. glockess56

glockess56 CLM

Mar 30, 2004
    Dublin, Ohio
    Go for it. I think it's neat that you want a young Glock club. People don't understand that youngsters can shoot responsibly and be good citizens. Youngsters taught to shoot and respect safety don't go to schools and shoot up the place which is what the anti-gun lobby thinks kids will do if you teach them how to shoot. A forum like this could get youngsters a lot of good tips and advice on how to shoot and that's great, plus your feedback could help us old folks. Keep up the good work, just don't beat me at a GSSF event!:soap: ;a

12. carvin

carvin

Aug 21, 2004
    Bend, Oregon
    I'm 23 and your idea sounds GREAT...got my VOTE!!!!

13. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    1. You can ask and/or you can put it in your sig line. Posting requests in other forums is discouraged. We'd much rather you do it in this forum, preferably in one thread. :)
    2. I set up the clubs. You can contact me.
    3. People post their vote so everyone can see and count them.

For more info on getting a club going, check here -> http://glocktalk.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=272630 or contact me if you have any questions.

14. Patricia

Apr 5, 1999
    Flagstaff, AZ
    By the way, since you have two threads going and votes in each, I will consolidate the two threads for you.

15. Jeff S.

Jeff S. Carson Valley

Jun 28, 2003
    Bozeman, MT
    I'm 18, and own a Glock, HK, and Bushmaster.

In NV I can't buy a handgun, but I can own one.

16. jeremy54b

jeremy54b Merely Here...

May 17, 2002
    Eastern WA
    Sure, I think that's a good idea...within Eric's limitations of course

17. KSS745

KSS745 The Geek!!

Nov 19, 2003
    Spokane, WA
    IM 22 so im in!!!!

18. DannyR

DannyR Moderator Millennium Member

Dec 17, 1998
    Roanoke, Virginia
    I support my young GSSF friend and cast my affirmative vote.:cool:

19. Aerosmith

Aerosmith

Feb 25, 2002
    Illinios
    I also would support opening a club of this kind. Anything to increase the awareness of gun issues to a younger generation would be something I would sign off on. You've got my vote.

-NrF

20. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao Red White Blue

Sep 18, 2003
    Southeast Michigan
    I'm in so long as scarlet can please stop typing in that tiny colored font. Its hard to read.