close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

You think your Mac is secure? lol

Discussion in 'Tech Talk' started by Detectorist, Aug 5, 2011.

1. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    But he didn't do it on the first day!
    He hacked the system on the second day when he could direct someone to browse to an exploited website. Not at all the same as just hacking in.
    On the second and third day lots of other systems were hacked including IE8.
    But look around, google results. No one hacked the Linux system......

http://www.infoworld.com/d/mobilize/gone-in-2-minutes-mac-gets-hacked-first-in-contest-676

http://news.cnet.com/8301-27080_3-20001126-245.html

2. stooxie

stooxie NRA Life Member

Apr 10, 2005
    Northern Virginia
    Ok, so let me see if I understand this. If I just download this guy's patch and run it my laptop battery will be screwed up.

How ever will I protect myself from this one?... :headscratch:

-Stooxie

3. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    What's your point?

4. Linux3

Linux3

Dec 31, 2008
    2 really.

One, no one hacked anything on the first day when the target systems were just sitting there as apposed to being directed to a infected site. Kind of like I could win the USPSA Nationals if I can direct how the other shooters run the stages.

Two, the Linux system never got hacked. It's secure. OS X is based on BSD Unix which is way more secure than Linux and yet it was hacked so Apple did something stupid. Again, I could win the USPSA Nationals if evrybody else forgot to bring ammo.