close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

You the man!

Discussion in 'GATE Self-Defense Forum' started by ADK_40GLKr, Jun 21, 2012.

1. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Hey Mas!

Usually "Mas Ayoob says..." settles the gun discussion. :bowdown:

Not so at gun club last night. As we're putting our Glocks away we get into a discussion of "-" connectors and NY1 springs.

One guy says "Mas says the 3.5 pound connector will ALWAYS put you in a bind in court" and the other "Yes, but he says it's OK with a NY1 spring".

I seem to recall reading both positions at different times. Can you settle this theological difference of opinion for us?

2. Mas Ayoob

Mas Ayoob KoolAidAntidote Moderator

Nov 6, 2005
    Ain't about what I say, bro...it's about what Glock says. The company policy is quite clear that 3.5/4.5 lb. connectors with the standard trigger spring are only for recreational use. For defense or duty use, their policy is the 5.5 lb. trigger or heavier, or the 3.5/4.5 connector mated with NY-1, which brings total pull weight into the six-pound range.

Using a trigger pull lighter than factory recommendation with any gun leaves you open to "hair trigger" accusations, and an opposing counsel theory that your intentional, justifiable shooting was a negligent, unjustifiable "accident."

Of course, this won't get you into trouble until the shooting incident, and the allegation, occur.

best,
    Mas

3. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    Thanks, Mas.

That's what I THOUGHT I remembered you saying!:supergrin: