"You Might Be A Gun Nut If"

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockdude1, Nov 24, 2002.

1. A different lighter Side post, but I think it belongs here:

The top 10 safety gun tips

10. Always keep your gun pointed in a safe direction-such as a liberal or a democrat.
    9. Dumb children may get ahold of your guns and shoot each other. If your children are dumb, put them up for aboption to protect your guns.
    8. No matter how responsible he seems, never give your gun to a monkey.
    7. If guns make you nervous, drink a bottle of whiskey before you head to the range to calm your nerves.
    6. When unholstering your weapon, it's customary to say "Excuse me while I whips this out!"
    5. Don't load your gun unless you're getting ready to shoot something or are just generally feeling angry.
    4. If your gun misfires, never look down the barrel. Have someone else do that for you.
    3. Never use your gun to pistol whip someone-that will mar the finish.
    2. No matter how excited you are about purchasing your first gun, do NOT run around yelling I've got a gun!!! I've got a gun!!!"

And the number one gun safety rule:
    1. Don't piss me off.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Ranger.357

Ranger.357 NRA Member

:laughabove: :laughabove: :rofl: :animlol: :thumbsup:

3. Ya know, I though about buying that shirt. :supergrin:

On another note:
    You may be a gun nut if you no longer have luggage . . . just various sized range bags that can double for luggage.

4. Have you been talking to my wife????:supergrin:

5. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

:bowdown: :thumbsup:

6. You are the wife, you know about them, and you take them to the range whenever you get the chance.

:tongueout: :tongueout: :tongueout:

7. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Several things come to mind:

First: Does he know that you know? Does he know that you go shoot them?

Second: You realize that this makes you a gun nut also?

And finally: He is no longer JUST a gun nut...He's a gun nut with bragging rights! :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :supergrin: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Madam, you have my respect and admiration!!!:supergrin:

ETA: Yes, I am assuming that Jyanna is male.

8. If you see a statistic that says in Montana 90% of the households have guns and the average gun household has 27 and it makes you wish you lived in Montana.

If you think about it and relize that if you moved to Montana you would help increase that average.

If you can't remember when you had "only" 27 guns. :supergrin:

9. If you live in Montana and build your wife a separate house as an excuse to buy 27 more guns.

If you live in Montana and buy 54 more to cover the two anti-gunners in town so they don't "ruin the average."

10. Haha, if I were, Mr Jyanna would be VERY dissapointed :tongueout:

11. Works for me...

So did the hubby know you were shooting his guns?

12. We don't have any gun secrets anymore since he reads these forums too.

13. Not really a "You might be" story, but a decent story from my design class.

Background:
    We were tasked with picking out 10 simple, yet successful, robust, simple designs. Then give a 5-10 minute presentation on it.

First off:
    One group did one on the "modern bullet" (read: cartridge) and the professor stopped them in the middle of it and said, "Now, what is the name for this device?"

"Uh, a bullet"

"No, the bullet is sitting on top. You're doing a presentation on the modern brass cartridge. You don't want to confuse them."

Second Round:
    We did a folding pocket knife, but also went other designs we thought of (some of mine were: Progressive reloading presses, the M1 Garand, the Picatinny Rail mounting systems, and the Civil War Minnie Ball Cartridges). There was a question on "What's a Picatinny rail?"

I just so happened to have KAC's website up on my computer and some spec drawings for the 1913 Rail system to explain it to the people in the class (they seemed a lot more interested in the rail system than a pocket knife).

Was able to pull 3-4 minutes on just explaining the Picatinny Rail and its integration onto many of the rifles currently used for Military, police, and home defense purposes.

you know you're an incurable gun nut when . . . :supergrin:

14. Here you go Cougar:

If you can turn a design class presentation into a firearms education forum.

If you don't lose credit for going over your time limit

If your professor corrects another group on the bullet vs. cartridge issue.

15. :thumbsup: That'll do!

16. Glockdude1

CLM

.......You have more holsters than pistols........

:thumbsup:

17. but only if that is because for every pistol you have a shoulder holster, a OWB and a IWB...:thumbsup:

18. You went out and ordered a Nation of Riflemen shirt to wear for Constitution Day.

Noone you knew was surprised by this.

(I got compliments on it too!:supergrin: )

19. Glockdude1

CLM

.....You hear the word "Taliban" and believe it translates in english to the word "target".....

:thumbsup: