"You Might Be A Gun Nut If"

Discussion in 'The Lighter Side' started by Glockdude1, Nov 24, 2002.

1. If you collected cartridges instead of baseball cards (or both) as a kid.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Glockdude1

Glockdude1 Federal Member
    CLM

.......As a kid, your friends fathers would come to your house just to see your cartridge collection........

;)

3. -if you can't wait for your kid to get older so you can buy "him" a new gun
    -if you spend more time selecting ammo than you do grocery shopping
    -if your tax refund just came back and your wife says "only one this time"
    -if you practice shooting with both hands, just in case you come accross a really nice lefty(or righty for about 12% of the population)
    -if you buy a gun you didn't really plan on just because "I like the way it fits my hand"
    -if a 9mm vs. .40 argument has ever gone to a .44mag vs. .500mag argument
    -if you ever ran short on cash and had to decide between ammo and food, and you figure you'd rather be hungry in a gunfight than full and full of holes
    -if you've ever had a girlfriend say "its me or the guns" and reward the guns with a good cleaning and fresh ammo

4. Glockdude1

CLM

Talk about de ja vu!!!!!

:shocked: :animlol:

5. 1. HELL YEAH!
    2. HELL YEAH!!!! Said it with school instead of work once or twice too.
    3. Yup! Well, it was to take him his Christmas present. And I tought him how to field strip his Norinco 1911.:supergrin:

:freak:

:reindeer: :50cal:

6. 1. Or if you buy him one while he's still in his mama's belly...
    2. Nope. I know what ammo I need!:supergrin:
    3. Good Idea!
    4. No comment.........
    5. No but it has turned into a .40 vs. .45 once or twice.
    6. That guy had to have been a genuis! It was the late great Cooper right???
    7. You guys date girls that DON'T LIKE GUNS?! How are you supposed to go on your dates to the gunrange with a girl like that?!?

7. :laughabove: :laughabove: :laughabove:

Well, my wife isn't a gun nut by any stretch, but she still likes to shoot now and then. About 5-6 times a year-which is great for me, more ammo for me to shoot. I really don't like to share ammo that much. Call me selfish, but more ammo for me is a good thing!:tongueout: :supergrin:

8. Brass Nazi

Brass Nazi NO BRASS FOR U!

667th post.

I did not want the count to be at 666 for long:supergrin:

9. I personally don't mind sharing ammo. A gun nut buddy of mine went shooting with me the day after Christmas. He has a nice Norinco 1911. I said as we were on the way to the range "Did you bring that Norinco with you?" He said "Naw. I didn't have any ammo for it." I said "Well, man you KNOW I have plenty of the stuff! Think about it. Half of what I own is .45 Man! I take a case of the stuff each trip to the range! You know you're welcome to shoot up some of my ammo!" You know what the weird part is??? HE DID THE EXACT SAME THING THE LAST TIME WE WENT SHOOTING!

10. Very true Walter, but there is a difference between your shooting buddy who will do the same without thinking twice and your wife who you have to make a deal with just to get ammo and go shooting!

:animlol: :supergrin:

11. Good point... It's apples and oranges. I didn't think about that.

12. borrowed from another thread-many authors.

If you have to bite your tongue when someone asks for a "paper clip" so you don't end up saying "no it's a magazine"

If you memorized all the reciprocity agreements between all the states.

If you know the "no-carry zones" of states you've never been to.

If you know which permits will get you the most states.

If you plan your vacations around states where your permit isn't honored.

If you don't plan a vacation without mentioning it here and setting aside range time with a fellow member.

If you stop your English teacher in the middle of a true crime novel to explain and illustrate to the class on the chalkboard the true meaning of point blank range. (I actually did this yesterday.)

If everyday you wear $1000 worth of SD gear versus your $30 outfit.

If it takes 4 minutes to load up when you put your pants on.

If you don't have any actual real friends because all your socializing is done on GT. (guilty)

If words like "tacticool", "mall ninja", "asshat", "sheeple", and "soccer mom" are used in everyday language.

If when someone refers to "bling, bling" you picture a nickel plated 1911 in 38 Super.

If when someone says 9 45, you immediately think of a caliber war rather than the time.

If when you see someone at Walmart getting nachos you think, "Hmm, must be a newbie popping his cherry."

If you are still in search for that elusive good deal on a NIB Glock 7.

If you know that FBI cant IS NOT about something the FBI is unable to do

If you know that a 25 cent trigger job IS NOT a hitman that works super cheap

13. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Don't know if this has been done, but I encountered this last night:

You do a Google search on a gun topic and the Google hits are your own posts on Glocktalk.

14. -If you take your brother to a range, then get a call from your mom the next day and the first thing she says is, "I'm blaming you!"
    -If you told her, "At least Dad and Brother want the same model Glock, so they can share until we can get two."

I'm so proud of my brother :)

15. If you know the difference between .223 and 5.56

If you know the difference between M193 and M855

If you know what M193,M855,M882,MK262,and MK262 MOD 1 are.

16. sario528

sario528 Nobody Home

If everyone in your house is assigned a gun (or guns) to carry to safety in case of a fire.

17. Ya know that's a pretty good plan. I may have to add that to the family fire training.

18. Glockdude1

CLM

.....When you run a family fire drill, you count the weapons first, then the family members!!!

:supergrin:

19. you know which family members are missing based on what weapons are not there

Oh god where is m1 carbine (wife)

20. "If during a tornado warning you grab your AR15 and a couple of mags before heading for the basement in case there is wide spread damage and anarchy ensues."