Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

  • Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

You may be eligible for Social Security payment increase!

Discussion in 'Veteran's Forum' started by 4oglock, Aug 5, 2008.

  1. 4oglock

    4oglock USN, Retired

    Jul 28, 2008
    Northern California
    Received from a Navy buddy:

    Please share this with anyone who's had active duty service prior to January 2002 and planning for retirement. In a nutshell it boils down to this:
    You qualify for a higher social security payment because of your military service, for active duty any time from 1940 through 2001 (the program was done away with in January 2002). Up to $1200 per year of earnings credit credited at time of application - which can make a substantial difference in social security monthly payments upon your retirement.
    You must bring your DD-214 to the Social Security Office - and you must ask for this benefit to receive it!
    Soc Sec website:<>