Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

you just can't make this stuff up

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by metal, Oct 6, 2012.

1. metal

Jul 26, 2004
    Not quite Detroit
    Last edited: Oct 6, 2012
  2. Hack

Hack Crazy CO Gold Member

So, the question comes to mind: "What's new about this?"

3. metal

Jul 26, 2004
    Not quite Detroit
    lol that's about what my wife said
  4. HoldHard

Nov 28, 2008
    Motor City 'burbs
    Welcome to DETOILET. Bring your own guns and ammo.

5. x_out86

Feb 19, 2007
    Probably the two most intelligent comments that I have ever seen on a news article comment section:

Last edited: Oct 7, 2012
  6. larry_minn

larry_minn Silver Member Millennium Member

Dec 16, 1999
    Whynot make this useful info. Such as that Police, Justice dept/DA,etc all agree to honor out of state carry permits. Give folks a chance...
  7. RyanNREMTP

RyanNREMTP Inactive/Banned

Jun 16, 2007
    Waco, Texas
    I know of a few cities that should have signs at the city limits saying "Leave before nightfall!"

Outhouse Hub, the misinformation solution.
  8. That's one way to cut down crime-tell as many potential victims as possible to get out! :supergrin:
  9. The-Fly

The-Fly The Bofh

Apr 27, 2005
    Sounds like they need to make a Detroit version of this....

10. metal

Jul 26, 2004
    Not quite Detroit
    I'd go see that... just as long as I was well north of 8 mile when I was watching it :supergrin:
  11. Hack

I think a lot of the worst urban areas in this country ought to have secure fences around them. Keep the UN out of it. Offer the elderly, and the disabled a better place to live, and help them and their possessions out under armed security. Then fence off the area that is so gang ridden, and call it what it is. A fricken battle zone, and to be treated as such under the current US and State laws. Clean it up, imprison the gang leaders, offer the underlings a way to redeem themselves in society, and take the youngest amongst them and give them a new life; with limited, or no privileges to the original parents, (if they can be found).

After, the area is cleaned up, napalm it, and raze it under and make a great big garden out of the remains.
  12. Michigan honors all carry permits if you reside in the state that issued yours.
  13. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk Isaiah 53:4-9

Sep 5, 2010
    There are lots of holes like that in the United States. Chicaghole comes to mind. Places I don't ever want to voluntarily go to. Then again, Managuahole comes to mind as well, but that one is in Nicaraguahole.
  14. jph02

Jun 10, 2012
    Could this be, oh, I don't know...a political ploy by the police union? While I don't begrudge DPD officers their salaries, the simple facts are the city is broke and the police union (unlike most other city unions) has refused any concessions. Shortsightedly, telling people to stay away from the city adds to the city's revenue woes and exacerbates the inability of the police union to actually benefit its members. :shakehead:

And just where do you plan to offer these people new places to live and how do you plan to underwrite the costs? How will these "underlings" redeem themselves in society and what new lives will you give to the youngest among them? Why haven't we, as a society, already done these things if that's the solution? What jobs will be awaiting your resettled folks so you don't just transplant economic disadvantage? Do you have a plan in case they don't have the skills they need because they didn't have access to quality education?
  15. Hack

There have been things available for people to voluntarily move up in society for quite some time. Not to mention there is HUD and it's rural counterpart. Just about any citizen can receive some type of help long enough to get him/her self into a more advantageous position.

Read the book, "Who Moved My Cheese?"

Also, there are a plethora of United Way, and religious, as well as private organizations, who are in the business of helping people. It is not just about government helping.
    Last edited: Oct 8, 2012
  16. MarcDW

MarcDW MDW Guns Millennium Member

Oct 20, 1999
    Maine USA
    I fixed it for you! :whistling::tongueout:
  17. ROGER4314

ROGER4314 Friends Call Me "Flash"

Dec 26, 2008
    East Houston
    I was born in Chicago and was there for the Democratic National Convention, riots of 1968, Black P Stone Nation, Blackstone Rangers and Black Panther killings and saw blood in the streets and tear gas floating across the city. Life came cheap then and I packed up and left that rat hole.

It gives me no pleasure to see Detroit in that situation but our courts turn the BG's loose as quickly as the cops lock them up. I worked in the Texas Prison System and heard Offenders say "I'm not going to quit stealing just because I got locked up in here" many times.

Prison needs to be a place that folks will NOT want to return to AND people caught in the act of killing or harming someone should pay the ultimate price THIS WEEK, not next decade.

My friend was murdered in Houston for his wristwatch this year. Those turds better be thankful than I'm not running things. Their rotting corpses would be left hanging on the tree branch where they died and it would happen in the same calendar month of their crime.

Judge Roy Bean had the right idea. Criminals were arrested, tried and strung up on the same day.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2012