You all ever felt totally spent after a workout?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Detectorist, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Well..that's how I felt tonight. After finishing my deadlift. I walked around the gym once, sat down, and just couldn't get up for about 15 minutes.

I'm still feeling drained. I know I'm not lifting the super heavy stuff but damn, I need to go to bed..

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. Loading...

Similar Threads Forum Date
    How much more felt recoil does a .45/70 have over a 44 mag in a lever actio General Firearms Forum Feb 22, 2014
    Ban knives or gays or ?? Never mind The Okie Corral Yesterday at 10:26 AM
    I got gun fever pretty bad.. General Firearms Forum Thursday at 10:16 PM
    Same as Everyone Else Introduction Forum Tuesday at 4:11 PM
    Famous Movies You Never Saw The Okie Corral Tuesday at 3:56 AM

3. Berto

Berto woo woo

It's fairly normal, and DL can really drain you. It's not like chest and arms, your back and legs hold you up. :supergrin:

4. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Heavy days don't bother me too much. I feel pretty good after a short DL session even if I am pulling 100%. I did do a workout which required 36 reps at about 70% and it completely smoked my nervous system. I recover quickly but I was wrecked at the end of that one.

I don't Deadlift much but my current routine keeps my DL numbers up there.

I have seen stars after deadlifts, never after squats. The movement really allows you to fight like hell to make the lift. You can't fight a squat very long before epic fail.

5. California Jack

Millennium Member

First, I think it is normal to get worn out on occasion. We all can't feel great all of the time. But take stock of a few things. Are you eating enough? Getting enough sleep? Drinking excessively lately? Stressed?

If all that is good and you keep having these feelings than perhaps you need a backoff week or maybe even a week of.

Please remember, all of us have bad workouts.

6. California Jack

Millennium Member

it's been a long time since I studied the effects of training on the CNS. But my failing memory tells me that unless your lifting in excess of 90% max the effects on the CNS are minimal. 70% for reps is endurance training. What am I missing?

7. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Every time I do Crossfit-type stuff or run stairs.

8. Green_Manelishi

Green_Manelishi Knicker Knotter

Before my meds limited my ability to exercise strenuously almost every workout resulted in a "hit by truck" feeling. That said, I have found using a VersaClimber on the same day I lift is guaranteed to disrupt my sleep pattern.

9. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

I sure don't know the science behind it, but pulling a bunch of heavy-ish deads has a much different effect on me than basic endurance type stuff. Perhaps it it more soul-crushing than anything

10. California Jack

Millennium Member

I should have said strength endurance.

11. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Yes, and it's usually when my nutrition is off kilter.
    But sometimes your body just needs a break and it's trying to tell you in no uncertain terms.
    If you listen, you'll be alright.