close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

You all ever felt totally spent after a workout?

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning' started by Detectorist, Feb 11, 2013.

1. Detectorist

Detectorist

Jul 16, 2008
    Missouri
    Well..that's how I felt tonight. After finishing my deadlift. I walked around the gym once, sat down, and just couldn't get up for about 15 minutes.

I'm still feeling drained. I know I'm not lifting the super heavy stuff but damn, I need to go to bed..

2. Berto

Berto woo woo

Sep 15, 2003
    WA
    It's fairly normal, and DL can really drain you. It's not like chest and arms, your back and legs hold you up. :supergrin:

3. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada
    Heavy days don't bother me too much. I feel pretty good after a short DL session even if I am pulling 100%. I did do a workout which required 36 reps at about 70% and it completely smoked my nervous system. I recover quickly but I was wrecked at the end of that one.

I don't Deadlift much but my current routine keeps my DL numbers up there.

I have seen stars after deadlifts, never after squats. The movement really allows you to fight like hell to make the lift. You can't fight a squat very long before epic fail.

4. California Jack

California Jack Millennium Member

Aug 2, 1999
    First, I think it is normal to get worn out on occasion. We all can't feel great all of the time. But take stock of a few things. Are you eating enough? Getting enough sleep? Drinking excessively lately? Stressed?

If all that is good and you keep having these feelings than perhaps you need a backoff week or maybe even a week of.

Please remember, all of us have bad workouts.

5. California Jack

Aug 2, 1999
    it's been a long time since I studied the effects of training on the CNS. But my failing memory tells me that unless your lifting in excess of 90% max the effects on the CNS are minimal. 70% for reps is endurance training. What am I missing?

6. ateamer

ateamer NRA4EVR

Every time I do Crossfit-type stuff or run stairs.

7. Before my meds limited my ability to exercise strenuously almost every workout resulted in a "hit by truck" feeling. That said, I have found using a VersaClimber on the same day I lift is guaranteed to disrupt my sleep pattern.

8. Goldendog Redux

Goldendog Redux Shut your mouth

Aug 22, 2003
    Nevada

I sure don't know the science behind it, but pulling a bunch of heavy-ish deads has a much different effect on me than basic endurance type stuff. Perhaps it it more soul-crushing than anything

9. California Jack

Aug 2, 1999
  10. arkdweller22

arkdweller22 Cuhootnified

Dec 26, 2008
    Yes, and it's usually when my nutrition is off kilter.
    But sometimes your body just needs a break and it's trying to tell you in no uncertain terms.
    If you listen, you'll be alright.