close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yet another Texan

Discussion in 'Introduction Forum' started by JordanK, May 14, 2012.

1. JordanK

JordanK

May 12, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    Howdy!

Figured I'd take a moment to introduce myself before making myself at home here. I am a former soldier (discharged about a week ago... honorably, of course), soon to be turned student... and a big fan of the tupperware. I'm actually a relatively recent convert. Up until a few years ago, I was a staunch anti-Glocker (sorry). Then, I spotted a gen 3 17 at a gun store. The price was right, and I figured I could probably resell it for a profit if I hated it as much as I expected to. I... didn't hate it. I am a CHL holder here in Texas, so I started carrying it. Turns out, having a gun on my hip that weighs half as much as anything else I carry and is made out of sweat proof thermoplastic is... well, not unpleasant. Anyway, slowly but surely (before I knew what was happening), I was converted. Don't get me wrong, I still love my steel frame autos and my wheelguns... but that same 17 still gets most of the holster time, not to mention most of the ammo at the range. I've even spread the gospel, so to speak, since then. Bought my Dad a Gen4 22 for his birthday last year. Which, of course, is causing problems... largely due to the fact that I now feel a deep seated NEED to upgrade my own pistol. Anyway, before this devolves into a pointless rant... I'll cut it short. I look forward to learning a lot here, making some friends, and maybe even providing some helpful information of my own here and there. Take it easy all!

2. jlruiz32

jlruiz32

Feb 21, 2012
    San Antonio,TX
    Welcome!

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

3. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Welcome to GT

:50cal:

4. truetopath

truetopath

Nov 26, 2011
    NY
    Welcome to GT from NY, and thank you for serving!

5. Paul53

Paul53 Geezer Boomer

Nov 27, 2011
    Maine
  6. JordanK

JordanK

May 12, 2012
    El Paso, TX
    I like it here already... lots of Texans, at least one other fellow El Pasoan, and all the right kinds of yankees :p. I kid, but seriously, I appreciate the warm welcome!

7. bsg1

bsg1

Aug 31, 2009
    Southern California
    welcome to the forum.

8. Crook214

Crook214

Feb 10, 2012
    Welcome from a fellow born el pasoan now living in Dallas

Sent from my iPhone 4.....

9. oily_oink

oily_oink ###########