close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Yet another n00b question

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by Cerebrus, Jun 17, 2010.

1. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

So how difficult would it be to get a commander length slide and barrel to fit an officer sized frame? As I have been looking around on gunbroker and seeing a few reasonable deals on slides. This is nothing that is going to happen anytime soon. I am just curious is all. The frame that I want to fit it to would be a Kimber ultra carry II.

2. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    The dust cover will probably be too short for the commander slide.

3. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    So you have little girlie hands.....ummmm, or is this uhhhh, for your wife like the pink grips? :tongueout:

4. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

No the pink grips are for her Delta elite ya goof.. I already have the kimber.. if u had been payin attention to some of my earlier pix you would know this..I am just curious if it is feasible to stick a larger slide on it is all

5. bac1023

bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
    PA
    Kimber pretty much does that with their compact models, though its a 4" barrel.

6. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

So theoretically I could get a pro slide and that might work?

7. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    there will still be a gap at the dustcover.
    i think the Compact uses a longer dust cover to mate up with the Pro slide.

8. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

ah well.. guess I just gotta buy a Vbob then..:supergrin: sometime after I get settled in Oregon..
    Thanks for the quick replies fellas

9. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    Actaully, it works fine and I have done it MANY times. The officer frame and commander slide mate-up leaves no gap on the dust cover.

As being a CCO nutcase and the availability of CCO's being small I have mated the Officer fame and Commander slide for YEARS. I am actually doing one now.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010
  10. Cerebrus

Cerebrus Guest

You have my attention..

11. remat

remat

Mar 19, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    They don't vary by manufacturer? Interesting...I had always assumed there would be a gap too. Hmm....CCO.....

12. HAIL CAESAR

HAIL CAESAR Senior Member

Mar 1, 2007
    In my shop
    I don't know what else to say than it works...perfectly. I will try to get some pics up of the current pistol I am building sometime this week, but we are on vacation for a couple of weeks so it will be low priority.

The CCO is nothing more than the Officer frame with a Commander slide, no mystery to it really. If you want to talk about them give me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2010