close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Yet another grain mill, wheat grinding question.

Discussion in 'Food Forum' started by AnalogKid, Nov 17, 2008.

1. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jan 22, 2007
    Does anyone know of a SMALL grain mill, perhaps hand-crank, that is inexpensive? I am looking at grinding some whole wheat berries but I know that I will only need to do a small amount at any one time. Seriously, I'm only looking at 5 oz at the most. Therefore I don't need a huge, expensive grinder so was wondering what my options were.

Also, has anyone ever ground wheat berries in a food processor? I've got a full size food processor and a mini-prep but have only ground flax seed on occasion. It was a pain and took forever using that method, mostly I'm assuming because the flax seeds are very small and very hard. I'm hoping wheat berries might grind up easier in a food processor. Anyone?

Thanks

2. Last edited: Nov 17, 2008

3. smittymojoe

smittymojoe

Aug 17, 2007
  4. AnalogKid

AnalogKid

Jan 22, 2007
    Thanks everyone. Smittymojoe, the Back to Basics looks like a pretty good deal and just the right size for what I'm thinking of using it for.