Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Reason #1
  • Reason #2
  • Reason #3

Site Description

Yesterday's McComb, Mississippi shooting

Discussion in 'Mississippi Glockers' started by NRA_guy, Mar 13, 2008.

1. NRA_guy

NRA_guy Unreconstructed

Jun 20, 2004
    Mississippi, CSA
    Did anybody personally know the folks involved in yesterday's McComb shooting?

Dec 31, 2000
    I don't know any of them, but it sounds like the ex was upset about his wife leaving him, and (possibly) starting a new relationship with a new man. Reading between the lines, it appears that Mr. Larrimore was specifically targeted, as was the suspects ex-wife. Sad situation, but I suppose it is good that the suspect took himself out and saved alot of time and money for the state.

3. don't know them, but do work for the same company.
  4. chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    My girlfriend is from Summit (which is very close to McComb) and I have a few other friends from down there. Everything I have heard was Larrimore was a great guy who was divorced with two young boys. Word around town was the Female and Larrimore may have been seeing each other at the time and he was targeted like Ox said. The other man attempted to stop the Ex-husband from taking the female and he was shot too. They are saying she may not have been shot but could have suffered injuries when she jumped or was pushed out of the vehicle but I am not sure if that has been confirmed or not yet. He shot himself driving by Magnolia and his truck wrecked after he shot himself. This is all hearsay/gossip from around McComb so take it for what it is worth. I will call my buddy tomorrow that lives down there and try to get a more accurate account.
  5. chevy01234

Jul 19, 2004
    Per the daily Legend:
    Four people are dead, including the gunman, after a Wednesday domestic dispute that began in a McComb bank, Pike County officials said.
    Pike County Coroner Percy Pittman identified the dead as Rachel J. Lanham, bank employee Ronnie Larrimore, customer James Frederick Fayard and gunman Robert Lanham, all of McComb.

McComb Police Chief Billie Hughes told the Associated Press that Robert Lanham walked into the Regions Bank on Main Street, where his ex-wife Rachel Lanham worked, shortly after 11 a.m. Officials said Lanham fatally shot Larrimore and Fayard before taking Rachel Lanham hostage.

Pittman said Robert Lanham died of a self-inflicted gunshot wound to the head that he sustained while driving.

Although early reports indicated Rachel Lanham was harmed and dumped out of the vehicle on the side of Highway 51, Pittman said she appears to have died from the impact of the vehicle's collision with a tree. He said the car door was open, and that she may have actually been trying to escape the vehicle at the time of the collision.

"The car hit that cedar tree and she looked like she was ejected," Pittman said.