close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Discussion in 'Cop Talk' started by Southswede, Oct 10, 2012.

1. Southswede

Southswede
    Expand Collapse

Well, Mr. Citizen, it seems you've figured me out. I fit neatly into the category where you've placed me.

I'm stereotyped, standardized, characterized, classified, grouped, and always typical. Unfortunately, the reverse is true. I can never figure you out.

From birth, you teach your children that I'm the boogeyman, then you're shocked when they identify/associate with my traditional enemy... the criminal! You accuse me of coddling criminals...until I catch your kids doing wrong.

You may take an hour for lunch and several coffee breaks each day, but point me out as a loafer for having one cup between calls. You pride yourself on your manners, but think nothing of disrupting my meals with your troubles.

You raise Cain, and sometimes resort to violence, with the guy who cuts you off in traffic, but let me catch you doing the same thing and I'm picking on you. You know all the traffic laws...but somehow you've never gotten a single ticket you deserve.

You shout "FOUL" if you observe me driving fast to a call, but raise the roof if I take more than ten seconds to respond to your complaint.

You call it part of my job if someone strikes me, but call it police brutality if I strike back. You wouldn't think of telling your dentist how to pull a tooth or your doctor how to take out an appendix, yet you are always willing to give me pointers on the law.

You talk to me in a manner that would get you a bloody nose from anyone else, but expect me to take it without batting an eye.

You yell that something's got to be done to fight crime, but you can't be bothered to get involved. You say you have no use for me at all, but of course it's OK if I change a flat for your wife, deliver your child in the back of the patrol car, or perhaps save your son's life with mouth to mouth breathing, or work many hours overtime looking for your lost daughter.

So Mr. Citizen, you can stand there on your soapbox and rant and rave about the way I do my work, calling me every name in the book, but never stop to think that your property, family, or maybe even your life depends on me or one of my buddies.

Yes, Mr. Citizen, it's me the cop!

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. puckhead

puckhead
    Expand Collapse

Great post!

3. wprebeck

wprebeck
    Expand Collapse
    Got quacks?

Can I get an amen, brother?

Its the reasons above, and many more, that have made me decide to leave the field. Unfortunately for me, I'm too far in to quit and have to suck it up for 7.5 more years. Still trying like hell to get the Powerball winning numbers though.

4. Ship A'Hoy

Ship A'Hoy
    Expand Collapse
    Trigger Control

Aaaaaaaaaamen

5. RussP

RussP
    Expand Collapse
    1. The JBT's

Excellent!!!!!!!!

6. JC2317

JC2317
    Expand Collapse

Perfect.

7. Angry Fist

Angry Fist
    Expand Collapse
    *******!!®
    Lifetime Member
    1. Glock Talk's Drunk Squad
    2. Show Me Glockers

Right click, save as...

8. msu_grad_121

msu_grad_121
    Expand Collapse
    BOOSH

Spot on! I'd love to have that printed up on cards and hand them to sanctimonious ***holes who just can't keep their mouths shut about any or all of the above. But of course, that would go over like a fart in church.

Great post, all the same!

9. glockandme

glockandme
    Expand Collapse

Copied and posted. Excellent!

10. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

You forgot marginalized and demonized. But, it is a salient point.

I remember I would drive through some shady neighborhoods and the little kids loved me. I'd wave at them, they'd wave back, until their mom came out and beat the ever living crap out of them for being friendly to me. The teenagers were more sullen. They had already learned to hate.

Children don't hate, they are taught to hate.

11. nikerret

nikerret
    Expand Collapse
    Mr. Awesome

Then, you drive through one of the affluent neighborhoods and everyone refuses to acknowlede you're there or runs out expecting you to tell them every detail of why you are in their neighborhood.

12. Kingarthurhk

Kingarthurhk
    Expand Collapse
    Isaiah 53:4-9

I never spent much time in those neighborhoods. My job always brought me to the hood. But, I always prefered to be ignored. And unless the little kiddies were out, I usually was.

The most interesting kid situation was a vehicle that kept going around and around a convenience store in the hood. I figured they were looking for someone to dope some bales of weed in their vehicle, or they were lost looking for a smuggling group. So, I watch this car from a distance go around the frong of the conveience store to the back and around again, never stopping, but not breaking any speed records either.

Finally, it heads back toward the neighborhood. I follow it (night time), they haven't seen me yet. When it pulls over, I light it up. It was an 11 year old at the wheel, and his his 9 year old brother in the passenger.

I ask them what on earth they were doing driving. They said, their mom was chilling inside and sent them out for a few things. Mom came out and actually had the gaul to be pissed that I had pulled over the vehicle. I explained the situation to her in some colorful language and mentioned CPS, and she suddenly decided that she had the wrong end of that stick.

13. RetailNinja

RetailNinja
    Expand Collapse

I'm SOOOOOOOO using this!!!!!!!!! :rofl:

14. NecoDude

NecoDude
    Expand Collapse

Testify Brother !!!!

15. frizz

frizz
    Expand Collapse

How stupid can someone get?

For a neighborhood like that, cop cars are "scare-burglars" of far better power than a "This house protected by XYZ Security" sign. Objective evidence supports this conclusion.

Do other cops in other cities share this experience? Are the wealthy in nikerret's city just an aberration, or do they usually look down their snotty noses at y'all?

16. CanIhaveGasCash

CanIhaveGasCash
    Expand Collapse

Edit: decided not to feed the troll

#16 CanIhaveGasCash, Oct 11, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2012
  17. merlynusn

merlynusn
    Expand Collapse

Who isn't on the Powerball retirement plan?

18. seanmac45

seanmac45
    Expand Collapse
    CLM
    1. The Outpost Lounge

Grat post.

Belongs in GNG.........LOL.

19. Southswede

Southswede
    Expand Collapse

20. Southswede

Southswede
    Expand Collapse

Seems the "good folks" over at GNG disagree.

:supergrin::rofl::rofl: