close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yep they hate us because we're rich and free

Discussion in 'Political Issues' started by G19G20, Apr 7, 2012.

1. G19G20

G19G20
    Expand Collapse
    Status Quo 2014

Rich enough to buy big armored vehicles and free enough to drive over civilians and their vehicles without even worrying about stopping.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AN0udPRnd2M&feature=player_embedded"]Video of Blackwater Contractors Driving Over Iraqi Woman - YouTube[/ame]

This is why Paul's foreign policy makes sense. How many people in middle eastern countries do "We" (the military and foreign policy apparatus) aggravate or outright radicalize on any given day with this sort of stuff going on?

They hate us because we invade their countries, damage their property and kill their people. Let the flames begin.

Wanna kill these ads? We can help!
  2. G19G20

G19G20
    Expand Collapse
    Status Quo 2014

Btw, I'd hope that if the Chinese or the Koreans did this same thing in the US that Americans would be attacking China more than "terrorists" try to attack this country. We advocate attacking the crap out of any other country over a transgression but we sure don't act like we'd do the same if it happened to us on the receiving end. All of us would be together on a charter boat with rifles heading to China. Right?

eta: The traditional Republican foreign policy is constitutional non-intervention. My own Georgia raised Methodist Republican grandparents chastized my mother for working for the "war machine" Raytheon only as recent as the 1990's. They meant business because they supported non-intervention.

#2 G19G20, Apr 7, 2012
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2012
  3. Skyhook

Skyhook
    Expand Collapse

Troubling..

Is that well-fed commentator equating BlackWater's performance in two short videos to our troops' entire effort in Iraq?

:upeyes:

4. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent
    Expand Collapse

Just watched the first video. Do me a favor: point out the VBIED in traffic.
    No?
    Because I don't know which one it is either. Local traffic has been warned and warned and warned: Stay away from US vehicles. Any that approach are subject to security measures. And yes, they are real people. All of which are indistinguishable from the violent insurgency that they allow in their country.
    Furthermore, private security wasn't there ti "liberate" anything. Private security was there to perform a very specific task which the US military was ill equipped to do.
    Ok, justed watched the second vehicle. I'll ask if anyone that feels sympathy to explain how an ambush works.
    If you'd like I can point out many, many places where females have been used to successfully smuggle explosives or actually detonated explosives on security forces. If you're too stupid to take note of the motorcade of black surburbans manuevering through traffic with sirens blowing and lights flashing, then expect Darwin to take effect at some point.
    Loss of life is always regretable. But sometimes, necessary.

#4 ancient_serpent, Apr 7, 2012
  5. series1811

series1811
    Expand Collapse
    Enforcerator.
    CLM

Goodness. I hope we are never in a war where combatants don't where uniforms, and where people trying to kill each other actually get hurt.

6. aircarver

aircarver
    Expand Collapse
    Ride Continues
    Silver Member

In liberal utopia, wars are fought by throwing marshmallows .....:upeyes:

7. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Nice fairy tale you got there. Sort of proof that if you look hard enough for a reason to support what you want to believe, you'll find it. If you'll consider a bit of history pre-1985, and their religion, you might come up with a different cause and effect relationship. It's also possible that the punishment received by attacking us deterred radicalization.

http://pewresearch.org/pubs/1338/declining-muslim-support-for-bin-laden-suicide-bombing

War is ugly as ugly gets. But I don't thing we should have showered jihadists with hugs and kisses after 9-11, and having a few advisors in Saudi Arabia was not enough provocation to justify that attack, regardless of what Paul and the paulistinian peaceniks think. It's very surprising to see just how different cultures respond to stimul in ways that confuse Americans. Showing up on your lawn with a tank and telling you to behave might spark a revolution. In other places, it has a demonstrable calming effect.

Personally, I do not hate jihadists. I don't have any heartburn disrupting their plans by killing or capturing them either.

8. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

Necessary in order to prevent Iraq from launching all of those chemical weapons at the US mainland, right? Iraq was a travesty of stunning magnitude.

9. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

I did notice there was a lack of video showing the contractors or their colleagues being ambushed, and the ambush starting by being stopped in traffic by vehicles and pedestrians.

Sucks, but if the OP were there, and had his own life at risk, and had barely escaped a few ambushes after being stopped, he might actually want to keep going. But why not show an ugly scene out of current and historical context and make sweeping declarations about the motivation of millions of people that he's never met or interacted with.

War is a tough business best left to those professionals with the physical and mental fortitude to Do the job. Tuesday morning quarterbacking from people who obviously don't understand what they are talking about must be tolerated in free speach loving country, but the logical missteps can still be pointed out to the ill informed.

#9 Cavalry Doc, Apr 7, 2012
  10. Cavalry Doc

Cavalry Doc
    Expand Collapse
    MAJ (USA Ret.)

Just a hypothetical situation, but if the plan was to set a stage where jihadist minded military age males would flock to an area to attack a struggling American force, within easy driving distance, so we could kill them.......

Would that have worked if we announced it?

#10 Cavalry Doc, Apr 7, 2012
  11. TheJ

TheJ
    Expand Collapse
    NRA Life Member
    Lifetime Member

I'm no convoy security expert but...

I'm going to guess that if convoys that would be a targeted can be stopped by one person stepping into the road, then they would be poorly protected convoys. So if people know they can bring a convoy to a halt so easily then they would waste no time using that to kill convoys. I'm quite confident that this lesson was probably learned the hard way.

12. The Machinist

The Machinist
    Expand Collapse
    No Compromise

I don't believe that was ever the plan. Not for a second. Supposing that were the real reason, however, then yes - it could have been announced openly. These jihadist vermin are like stupid animals that attack anything that moves. The outcome would have been the same.

13. Lethaltxn

Lethaltxn
    Expand Collapse

How long were you over there?

14. Naelbis

Naelbis
    Expand Collapse

Interestingly enough, rule number 1 for securing high value cargo or persons during transport is "You don't stop, EVER". Try blocking a nuke convoy here in the states and tell me how that goes for ya...

15. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

I'm all for the United States going to war to defend our national interests,
    free oppressed people and even spread democracy.

I fully support both the Iraqi and Afghanistan wars.

But, the organization called Blackwater and it's employees are a disgrace
    to America.

They did more harm in the Middle East than good.

#15 JBnTX, Apr 7, 2012
  16. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent
    Expand Collapse

Cute, but no.
    Necessary to carry out a mission that our government directed done.
    I'm not defending why we were there and I won't be sidelined by your attempt to do so.
    You asserted a great deal, things I suspect you know nothing about.

17. JBnTX

JBnTX
    Expand Collapse
    Texas

Using criminals (Blackwater) to promote and justify Ron Paul's foreign policy
    is a real stretch of anyone's imagination.

It's also an insult to the vast majority of American armed forces who conducted
    themselves properly and legally while in the Middle East.

Shame on you.:steamed:

#17 JBnTX, Apr 7, 2012
  18. ancient_serpent

ancient_serpent
    Expand Collapse

Oh really? By "fully" supporting it, then you should realize that there are certain ugly aspects to a war. "Smart" weapons have given people unrealistic expectations about warfare.
    Did BW "disgrace" America by never failing a single mission? Is that what the disgrace was?
    Did they "disgrace" our country by using almost the exact same tactics that the US military used?
    Was that it?
    Enlighten me, tell me how things work in Baghdad.

Here's some food for thought, where do Blackwater employees come from?

#18 ancient_serpent, Apr 7, 2012
  19. expatman

expatman
    Expand Collapse

Do we know for sure this is a BW PSD element?

Is this like the old video that showed "BW" driving around shooting cars with a suppressed M4 only to find out it was a disgruntled Ageis contractor rather than BW?

Also, does anybody know the RUF/ROE and the GFR for Iraq in 2006?

Just curious.

20. teumessian_fox

teumessian_fox
    Expand Collapse

And that's your objective. Just another attention whore. Or perhaps the same recycled attention whore under a different screen name?