close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yep, let's legalize drugs...

Discussion in 'Civil Liberties Issues' started by Detectorist, Jan 8, 2013.

1. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.
    Hell even the FBI home page admits that the agency was formed against the will of the people by a couple of progressives. No wonder so many people have been duped.

"1908, the establishment of this kind of agency at a national level was highly controversial. The U.S. Constitution is based on "federalism:" a national government with jurisdiction over matters that crossed boundaries, like interstate commerce and foreign affairs, with all other powers reserved to the states."

http://www.fbi.gov/about-us/history/brief-history

2. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009

3. syntaxerrorsix

syntaxerrorsix Anti-Federalist CLM

Oct 3, 2000
    Lakeland, FL.

Impressive. So far you've fared exactly as expected and landed right smack in the middle of nanny nanny boo boo much like your counterparts.

Commendable.. really.

/thread

4. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    No, it isn't Nancy Pelosi. You actually couldn't be more wrong. The Constitution is a legal document that, among a few other things, describes in great detail which powers the states have ceded to the federal government. It reads very clearly.

Under your logic, the bill of rights are a list of polite suggestions.

5. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    My President?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  6. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Still no takers on this, huh?

Never is.

7. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    Sorry...You are so far off the end of the spectrum that nothing I would say would matter. I see what you believe in regards to the constitution - but I don't agree with you at all.

Some of your statements about basic street drugs and their effects on society are also way off. If you want to understand what a community of drug addicts are like, let me know. Come on a ride along.

8. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    The Constitution says what it says. There really isn't a "spectrum" until you folks invent one.

Forcing users and dealers into the shadows is precisely what causes the rampant crime and violence associated with illicit drug use.

9. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    You think the constitution is written in great detail? So much so that 200 years later people are still arguing just that, details....

10. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Which parts do you feel are in unclear?

Last edited: Jan 9, 2013
  11. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    Takers?

Anyone?

Bueller?

12. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    In regards to some areas of drug conspiracy and smuggling.....but this could not be further from the truth on the statement you make.

Heroin is as easy to get in Chicago as a pack of gum from a store. The junkie going through withdrawal that is breaking into your house looking for items to pawn is doing so for money....not because his heroin is illegal by the government.

13. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    You are on a gun forum. Take the second amendment. Think about the history of gun laws over the last 100 years and all the recent major cases.

14. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    If the Constitution can mean whatever we want it to mean, what's the point in having one? Why not just be governed by a nation of laws enacted by the majority in power?

Why did those folks bother sweating it out in the Philadelphia state house, trying to get it just right? Fools they were.

15. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    I'll be more specific then: What portion of the second amendment do you feel is unclear?

16. Sharky7

Sharky7 Boomshakalaka

Feb 21, 2009
    This isn't about what I feel is unclear. This is about your above statement that the constitution is written in great detail and not a framework for our country and government. 200 years later we are still arguing out facts.

50 years ago today many of the states did not have concealed carry laws.

17. certifiedfunds

certifiedfunds Tewwowist

Apr 23, 2008
    Houston
    It's a simple question. What in the bill of rights do you feel is unclear?

18. BicycleDay43

BicycleDay43 00 Buck dude

Feb 4, 2007
    Oak Grove, Kentucky
    Officer, would you mind telling us exactly how many times you've had to inform someone, that a loved one overdosed solely on marijuana? :wavey:

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013
  19. Ohio Cop

Ohio Cop

Mar 1, 2012
    The Rust Belt.

Really? We've been discussing hard drugs for 9 pages now.

She OD'd on heroin mixed with a little bit of rat poison.

I haven't but a close friend informed the parents of a kid who died in a crash.

Only thing in his system was MJ.

:dunno:

20. Bren

Bren NRA Life Member

Jan 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Because at least the supreme court has to decide what the constitution means and, no matter what your constitution says, somebody has to do that.

The majority? They elected Obama and can barely sign their names on their welfare checks. I'd rather go with the courts having too much power than "the people." We talk a lot about "the people" as if they are some wise and noble group. Maybe we should stop and think about that.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2013