close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Year end awards - the best thing I learned on Glock Talk

Discussion in 'The SHOT ShowCase' started by HGxyz, Jan 1, 2011.

1. texas skeet shooter

texas skeet shooter

Jun 26, 2010
    I have learned that Texas Skeet Shooter's advice is worth exactly what you have to pay for it.....

Shoot safe, John

2. ctfireman

ctfireman

Feb 13, 2010
    Bridgeport, CT
    I learned that true high quality, high end 1911's are not commonly found in the local gun shop. A year ago i thought colt, springfield, kimber, etc.....were as good as it got.....boy was i wrong!

3. kirgi08

kirgi08 Watcher. Silver Member

Jun 4, 2007
    Acme proving grounds.
    My 1911a1 wants will lead me ta divorce court.Other than that,I've learned quite a lot,Bac has been the main drive ta my 1911a1 list.Butch has been very helpful,just simple stuff on this end.'08.

4. dgbee456

dgbee456

Nov 11, 2008
    HOT AND HUMID
    1.GEN 4 9mm's were not ready for the consumer when they hit the market.
    2.Perhaps for me the only really reliable 45 auto in Glock is the 21SF.
    3.OD Green was discontinued
    4.I am not crazy the glock 26 might be the most accurate 9mm that glock makes.

5. 1. That Glock folks are the best. DeeCZman, DannyR, CanyonMan (who taught me about +P .45 loads, Meliissa (lovely girl), and the list goes on. Sorry to my friends that I've missed. What's funny is that I have many more friends here than in "real life."
    2. That Glocks are the best. I mean I really believe it. Reliability trumps absolutely everything else.
    3. I can ask for, and receive help on this forum from people who know, in great detail, what they're talking about.
    4. GlockTalk is the best reading on the planet. My public library doesn't come close to this forum.
    5. There are a few here who like to argue, rather than discuss. But everyone has a bad day occasionally. And maybe his wife just beat him up...
    6. I learn something here every day. When I try to help, I usually learn much more information about the subject than I post. So everybody wins. I get pleasure out of helping folks. I guess my dad taught me that.
    7. It's a great new year, even though my nose took a hit today. Putting away Xmas tree and ornaments on the garage shelves and a board slipped off a shelf and caught me on the bridge of my big German nose. Cut it a bit and now wearing two butterfly bandages, but it wasn't broken...so no big deal. I look pretty weird, though.
    8. Happy New Year...a great year for all of you.
    S2

6. glockvit

glockvit Glock Sportsman

Dec 19, 2010
    Pompano Beach, Fl
    I have not been here that long, but I have noticed that "GLOCK TALK" is Fantastic!
    My salutations to all the Mods, and also the members for making this forum what it is.

HAPPY NEW YEAR

7. gwdex

gwdex

Mar 12, 2010
    Rhode Island
    Surely you jest! :shocked:

8. loyloyola

loyloyola #1978 / 21 Club

Aug 18, 2009
    Sunny Tampa, FL
    glocks are the ak-47's of the pistol world.

9. craig19

craig19

Aug 13, 2010
    NE Ohio
    I've learned more about 1911s in the last 6 months than in my previous 33 yrs. Thanks everyone for all their advice.

10. ede

ede Bama's Friend

Jun 25, 2004
    Texas
    i've learend most everyone shoots better than me based on the post and pictures. i;ve learned long ago most people ignore me, maybe becasue i don't know much, can't shoot very good, or don't post pictures. the single greates two things i've learned in a while didn't come from here. HOS dry lube is great for firearms and Harbor Freight ultrasonic cleaner for 80$ and simple green will do all or nearly all of my cleaning chores.

11. bentbiker

bentbiker NRA Member

Sep 11, 2009
    Orange County, CA
    I've learned that if you want to shoot single-hole groups, you should shoot at styrofoam plates.

12. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Sep 8, 2001
    USA
    I learned the RTF2's came out from Ed's Public Safety. I grabbed as many as I could.

I also learned that a lot of people who were upset their Gen4's didn't work had not even shot them yet. :wow:

13. ADK_40GLKr

ADK_40GLKr Adirondacker with a Glock

Nov 14, 2010
    RFD NY Adks
    (Hmmm, I'd better read THOSE again. I spent an hour the other night on my hands & knees looking for one I ricocheted off the ceiling twice.)

ALSO: SQUEEEEZE, DON'T JERK!!

14. ??? I dont get it.

15. PRESS the trigger straight back. Not a squeezing motion.

16. 9mmdude

9mmdude

Sep 8, 2001
    USA
    There is a member here who consistently shoots one hole groups and he uses paper plates as targets.

It is possible he has a stack at home and stands over the stack and fires one round into the stack for pictures later. :tongueout:

17. tnpatriot

tnpatriot

Mar 3, 2009
    New guy here, most active and informative forum I've ever seen :thumbsup:

18. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    Most active, hell yes. Most informative, passionate, creative and funniest.

19. TSAX

TSAX USAF Vet

Jun 5, 2010
    And the G36/G30 hybrid thing is really cool.

20. GACajunGlocker

GACajunGlocker

Oct 26, 2010
    Georgia
    :needspics:

Sorry Sonnytoo but I couldn't resist!!