close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Yay! Don is in the news again!

Discussion in 'Indiana Glockers' started by epsylum, Mar 22, 2007.

1. epsylum

epsylum
    Expand Collapse
    Boolit Hoze

2. 10 Ring Tao

10 Ring Tao
    Expand Collapse
    Red White Blue

If I were you guys, I'd spend a few afternoons passing out copies of that article right in front of his shop, to those walking in.

3. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

I don't think his "customers" would really care.

4. boilergonzo

boilergonzo
    Expand Collapse

So what about that huge granite 2A monument in his yard that created all the fuss? Does he still believe in that, or did he have the letters etched to make a vain Don Shrine?

Mental note... remember not to randomly shoot down airplanes with my AR-15...

Airplanes and whales. Assault rifles may also contributing to the deaths of the blue and humpback whales, too! Everyone knows 9mm is too anemic to effectively bring down an angry male whale!

5. Masque

Masque
    Expand Collapse
    Re Member

I visited Don's Guns for the first and last time last weekend. I had no knowledge of who he was, his history, nor his reputation.

As my children and I left, ears ringing from the indoor range with a single door entry, mind reeling from the ridiculous prices, nose stinging from the stench of powder and urine, I explained to the children that there are places on earth that give fuel to the cries of "Ban all guns!" and that they should remember the clean, LEO-staffed range that we left behind in Oregon when we moved. They should remember the good times we'd had. Still, my five year old solidly was of the mind that gun stores weren't a place she liked very much when they were like that. Unacceptable, Don.

Personally he'll never see a penny of my money, nor the money of anyone whose ear I might have access to. Disgraceful and offensive, his store is, and a credit to the anti-gun lobby. I am rarely affected in a negative fashion, but his establishment did it. Don's Guns convinced me that the anti-gun lobby actually might, on rare occasion, have a point.

6. TheWanderer

TheWanderer
    Expand Collapse

Go to the LEO staffed Popguns on the east side of Indy. A worlds difference from Don's and a classy place.

7. Ralph2

Ralph2
    Expand Collapse

Hear hear on Pop's. Definitely a place to check out. I have a range card there. Miles and miles above the squalid Don's.

8. Warp

Warp
    Expand Collapse
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

I had good experience with the people from Plainfield Shooting Supplies as well.

I visited Dons once, just to see. They earned their reputation.

9. R. Emmelman

R. Emmelman
    Expand Collapse
    Tired Member

Albros in Beech Grove has a nice new bright clean store. And the people there are nice also (well most of them) ;)

10. glock2619

glock2619
    Expand Collapse
    Work in Progres

+1 on Bob's store (Plainfield) and the staff there. Enthusiast staff and good prices.

11. Ralph2

Ralph2
    Expand Collapse

Bob has taken lots of my cash over the years. I get neat things in return :banana: I got my first Glock (G21) from him many many years ago.