Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Forum at

Why should YOU join our forums?

• Connect with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Read up on the latest product reviews
  • Make new friends to go shooting with!
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

Glock Talk is the #1 site to discuss the world’s most popular pistol, chat about firearms, accessories and more.

yall are gonna cost me some money

Discussion in '1911 Forums' started by woodrowNC, Oct 14, 2010.

1. Recent views of others baers trs has messed my mind up. I'm now convinced I can't live without it. The most expensive firearm I own is a m8400 kimber in 30/06. Best trigger I've ever touched. Great rifle. But the trs is my idea of what a non gi 1911 should look like.sans front cs. It'll be my first semi-custom. Also a naked slide. At the present, I'm doing a complete house remodel. It appears one room will have to go unfurnished for awhile.

First things first.
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2010

2. GVFlyer

GVFlyer Senior Member

Sep 9, 2008
    Somewhere in the air.
    At least you got your priorities straight.

3. bac1023

Sep 26, 2004
  4. Tactical black

Tactical black

Jan 24, 2008
    Yeah that sounds like it will be nice.
  5. rsxr22

Feb 25, 2009
    Youngstown, OH
    you will be happy with the baer
  6. i just talked to the lady at baers. discussed no front cs, naked slide and lead time is 16 to 18 wks. i'm lucky enough to have a fellow machinist at work who charges me 20 bucks over his price. i pay shipping and taxes of course but it's still a wonderful arrangement. he deals out of his house and mostly uses the business as a tax write off. does anyone know the dealers actual price?

and i know you're going to think i'm crazy but i don't like bump pads on the mags. i like em flat, even with the grip frame. can i get his mags like that? and, would yall consider this the best semi custom bang for the buck? after reading bac's guide i would think it is.

7. deadite

deadite Groovy.

Sounds like it's going to be a dandy! I'm with you on the magazines. I like them flat, too. :)

8. Quack

Quack Rent this space

Jan 7, 2002
    NE Ohio
    I would've spent the money on hookers and blow.

Congrats. I guess you won't be able to get the bac1023 carpet installed.
  9. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio

...or bought 4 Glocks and had no wait time.

10. i'm 48. already done all that. :embarassed: as a matter of fact, i wish i had all my damn money back. i'm getting hardwood floors, but i'll buy a yard of bac's carpet for pics. :cool:
  11. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Brian's carpet is overrated. Be original. Go bold brother. Get a carpet like this...

12. Free Radical

Free Radical Miembro Antiguo CLM

Sep 11, 2005
    Four Corners
    This is an expensive place. :upeyes:
  13. Hokie1911

Hokie1911 >

Dec 26, 2003
    NE Ohio
    Bad for the bank account...bad for the marriage. :shakehead:
  14. My wallet is a little lighter because of this place.
  15. Amen to that!!!
  16. glock2740

glock2740 Gun lover.

Jun 19, 2008
    NW Ark.
    I was going to say the same thing. :)
  17. :rofl: overrated maybe. but his pics sure look good!
  18. we've had an aggrement from the start. i don't gamble, quit playing golf and really have no other hobbies. she just can't grasp why i have to have 4 guns that basically look alike. i remind her of her shoes. :cool:

unless i die, that trs will be mine. no front cs, naked slide and a flush fitting mag if i can get it.
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2010