close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Welcome to Glock Talk

Why should YOU join our Glock forum?

• Converse with other Glock Enthusiasts
  • Learn about the latest hunting products
  • Becoming a member is FREE and EASY

If you consider yourself a beginner or an avid shooter, the Glock Talk community is your place to discuss self defense, concealed carry, reloading, target shooting, and all things Glock.

Xterra Windshied Wiper Help

Discussion in 'Car Forum' started by Kalmah, Dec 19, 2006.

1. Kalmah

Kalmah Supreme Member

Feb 22, 2006
    Colorado
    The wiper on the drivers side of my Nissan Xterra doesn't move when I turn it on. I was told there is a nut at the base of the wiper arm that needs to be tightened. But I have no idea how to get to this nut. The owners manual is no help. Anyone have any ideas?

2. crazydave

crazydave

Jun 30, 2004
    Missoula
    I believe there is a small lever at the base of the arm that unlocks it. I will go and check my wife's in the AM.

Dave

3. Did you ever get that wiper issue on your Xterra fixed? I'm a Nissan mechanic and can tell you there's a round plastic cover on the base of the wiper arm that pivots open to reveal a 14mm nut that holds the wiper arm on the splines of the motor. If you tighten the nut the wiper should work properly, if that's the problem.

A little late, I know, but maybe this will be of use to someone, all Nissan, Toyota and some Hondas have a similar setup.